Ironman 70.3 East London 2016

fanievb

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at my pics from FinisherPix. R150 for one pic download  vs R71 from Jetline for same from 94.7

Are we triathletes seen as a bottomless moneypot?

Yup, its seen as a rich elitist sport for some reason.

R150 for a pic is daylight robbery.

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I would firstly like to congratulate everyone that participated on Sunday in East London. With the tough route, and weather that you were presented, I think that you all deserve a huge pat on the back.

It was High5’s first race as the official nutrition partner to IRONMAN South Africa, a partnership that will grow from strength to strength in the coming years. I hope that you all enjoyed the product out there as much as we all do.

As it was our first time being involved, I would like any feedback (positive or negative) that you may have regarding High5 on the course, to ensure that we continue to move in the right direction.

I will try to reply to as many as the comments here as possible, but please email me on garetht@asgworld.co.za with your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Gareth Taylor

High5 Brand Manager

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I would firstly like to congratulate everyone that participated on Sunday in East London. With the tough route, and weather that you were presented, I think that you all deserve a huge pat on the back.

It was High5’s first race as the official nutrition partner to IRONMAN South Africa, a partnership that will grow from strength to strength in the coming years. I hope that you all enjoyed the product out there as much as we all do.

As it was our first time being involved, I would like any feedback (positive or negative) that you may have regarding High5 on the course, to ensure that we continue to move in the right direction.

I will try to reply to as many as the comments here as possible, but please email me on garetht@asgworld.co.za with your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Gareth Taylor

High5 Brand Manager

smaller gel packs

thanks for the bigger bottles, they are great

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Kind Regards,

Gareth Taylor

High5 Brand Manager

Did not see much point in only half filled bottles on the cycle... so took water and used my own gels

Took the Hi5 gel packets on the run as both the coke and Hi5 drinks were warm (hot)

I was very grateful to have High 5 on the course. I cannot swallow any other gels because of the consistency. I prefer High 5 which is more juice-like (and therefor the trade off of bigger packets). For me the citrus flavour was great for the drink because it's not so overly sweet.

Lol, I just noticed that the person far right of the pic in the standard bank shirt is one of my directors. She was one of the "angels" that controlled the start of the swim.

Lol, I just noticed that the person far right of the pic in the standard bank shirt is one of my directors. She was one of the "angels" that controlled the start of the swim.

Dot?

Is it possible to do a attakwas the week before this event, recover and do the 70.3 ? 

i'd say your biggest risk is injury during attakwas

smaller gel packs

thanks for the bigger bottles, they are great

Good Morning fanievb,

Thanks for your feedback. High5 made the decision to make their gels less viscous than a few other brands, making them a bit easier to consume. Unfortunately to ensure that there are enough carbohydrates per serving means that the gels do need to be slightly bigger.

Kind Regards,

Gareth

Did not see much point in only half filled bottles on the cycle... so took water and used my own gels

Took the Hi5 gel packets on the run as both the coke and Hi5 drinks were warm (hot)

Good Morning shaper,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the drinks on the run route. I will take this up with IRONMAN SA.

With regards to the bottles, all IRONMAN SA events will have the 500ml High5 bottles going forward. There was not enough time from when we signed the contract with them at the end of last year to the first event in East London to have 500ml bottles made and shipped to us from Europe, so we had to use the 750ml bottles. As per IRONMAN SA rules and regs, the bottles need to be filled with 400ml of EnergySource.

Kind Regards,

Gareth 

I was very grateful to have High 5 on the course. I cannot swallow any other gels because of the consistency. I prefer High 5 which is more juice-like (and therefor the trade off of bigger packets). For me the citrus flavour was great for the drink because it's not so overly sweet.

Hi Sparkles,

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed it! I personally would also have a slightly bigger sachet for a less viscous gel.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Gareth 

Good Morning shaper,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the drinks on the run route. I will take this up with IRONMAN SA.

With regards to the bottles, all IRONMAN SA events will have the 500ml High5 bottles going forward. There was not enough time from when we signed the contract with them at the end of last year to the first event in East London to have 500ml bottles made and shipped to us from Europe, so we had to use the 750ml bottles. As per IRONMAN SA rules and regs, the bottles need to be filled with 400ml of EnergySource.

Kind Regards,

Gareth 

Thanks for clarifying this with regard to bottle volume

Archived