Garmin 510 vs 810 vs waiting for new 520

Furbz

When used for mtb, the 510 screen can get really scratched.

I bought a cellphone type of stick-on screen guard, but that needs to be replaced as I cant read the screen at certain sun angles. Otherwise a very nice unit.

I can only imagine that the 520 is just that much nicer/better because its more recent.

I used a Zagg screen protector from day 1. They are awesome, I've used them for iPhone, iPad, Garmin Forerunner 910XT, GARMIN fēnix 2, Garmin Edge 510 & Cannon EOS 650D and none of the screens had any problems at all. They are silicone, I think and have lifetime guarantees, after around 5,000km, still no replacement wasneeded. The bonus is also that they are made for specific devices and so sizing is no issue.

Every time I buy a new device, Zagg gets my login details, can't fault them. I even had a faulty one that was replaced free of change, no questions asked.

The only real difference between 510 and 520 that I feel every time I ride is the touch screen issue, I'll skip any future touch screen devices for reasons I've mentioned above. It's a personal preference thing, but was enough for me to change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used a Zagg screen protector from day 1. They are awesome, I've used them for iPhone, iPad, Garmin Forerunner 910XT, GARMIN fēnix 2, Garmin Edge 510 & Cannon EOS 650D and none of the screens had any problems at all. They are silicone, I think and have lifetime guarantees, after around 5,000km, still no replacement wasneeded. The bonus is also that they are made for specific devices and so sizing is no issue.

Every time I buy a new device, Zagg gets my login details, can't fault them. I even had a faulty one that was replaced free of change, no questions asked.

The only real difference between 510 and 520 that I feel every time I ride is the touch screen issue, I'll skip any future touch screen devices for reasons I've mentioned above. It's a personal preference thing, but was enough for me to change.

Screen protector for 920xt? Can't seem to find anywhere...

Archived