Transbaviaans Saviour: Chris

swiss

Just a huge thanks to Chris(do not know his surname)

The story:

So while working on a project in Gauteng, I caught a flight to George to meet up with my friends from Somerset West for our first Trans Baviaans. What a feeling and what an anticipation!!

Everything went well the morning of the race, had a good breakfast and arrived at the start.....only to find that I somehow(still do not know how) lost my front wheel through-axel!!, unpacked the whole car, and still nothing.

After several attempts by the race organiser to find me a replacement axel, my dreams were shattered(I literally almost started to cry).

With me out of the race, and my partner trying to find a team to join, Chris approached me to see if he may borrow my seat clamp (his clamp broke), eager to help a fellow cyclist I gave him my seat clamp, and continued sulking about my self inflicted situation.

5min later Chris arrived back, my seat clamp didn't fit his bike :(

So he offered me his through-axel!!

Chris what a Champ!!

We finished our first Trans Baviaans in just over 17hours and loved every moment thereof.

Not only was I blown away by this gesture from Chris, but my partner(still new to cycling) could not believe the camaraderie of cyclist.

And to Chris....you are the champ! I hope I can someday, somehow repay the gesture.

Heard the announcer asking if anybody had a spare thru axle. You are one lucky man! I thought you'd never find one. Chris sounds like a true legend.

Archived