New roadie looking for a midweek group Northcliff area

Barry Stuart

Hi everyone,

Is a group for the Northcliff/Quellerina area established yet? I'm also interested in riding to the cradle on Saturdays but won't go alone.

A Whatsapp group sounds like a great idea.

Why not go alone?  You won't be riding alone for long in the Cradle on a Saturday.  Cyclists are surprisingly friendly.  Just ask if you can join a group if they come past and you think you can keep up and take your turn at the front.

Why not go alone?  You won't be riding alone for long in the Cradle on a Saturday.  Cyclists are surprisingly friendly.  Just ask if you can join a group if they come past and you think you can keep up and take your turn at the front.

I think he meant "riding TO"...

I ride in the Cradle by myself every weekend almost (prefer to ride by myself), but I wont ride there by myself at all. Would love to ride there though.

Hi everyone,

Is a group for the Northcliff/Quellerina area established yet? I'm also interested in riding to the cradle on Saturdays but won't go alone.

A Whatsapp group sounds like a great idea.

I ride to the Cradle alone almost every weekend (from Greymont). Don't mind anyone tagging along at all...

Also put in a fairly decent distance every Thursday morning from around 5:30

I ride to the Cradle alone almost every weekend (from Greymont). Don't mind anyone tagging along at all...

Also put in a fairly decent distance every Thursday morning from around 5:30

Hi StevieL, I'd like to join one Saturday, maybe at Rebel Farmers or what is left of it. :w00t:

Hi StevieL, I'd like to join one Saturday, maybe at Rebel Farmers or what is left of it. :w00t:

Cool bud, just let me know when you are keen.

Just send me a PM when you are ready to go...

I think he meant "riding TO"...

Missed that. <facepalm>

Too many cyclists killed on Hendrik Potgieter to venture that way.  Beyers Naude route goes via Zandspruit informal settlement - often people still partying on Sat and Sunday at 5:30 and a good few drunk as hell.

Rather drive and do more laps in the Cradle.

We ride from Randpark Ridge to the Cradle most Saturdays via Beyers past Zandspruit and (touch wood) its been fine. I am am well lit up with lights front and rear + stay aware of cars coming from behind till we hit the single track after Peter road (MTB obviously) - smooth sailing from then. You could also ride on the walking/cycling lane (going against traffic) from opposite Buco to the robot before Peter road to stay safe from cars.

Usual ride includes the single track from Kloofzicht the some offroad sections to and around Lanseria before coming back along Beyers after  the N14

I'm on the Albertville side and enjoy a mix between Roadie and MTB.

Looking at Tuesday and Thursday early morning, back at 06:00.

Weekend group to join also.

We ride from Randpark Ridge to the Cradle most Saturdays via Beyers past Zandspruit and (touch wood) its been fine. I am am well lit up with lights front and rear + stay aware of cars coming from behind till we hit the single track after Peter road (MTB obviously) - smooth sailing from then. You could also ride on the walking/cycling lane (going against traffic) from opposite Buco to the robot before Peter road to stay safe from cars.

Usual ride includes the single track from Kloofzicht the some offroad sections to and around Lanseria before coming back along Beyers after  the N14

I'd like to join your group sometime on a Saturday.

I'm on the Albertville side and enjoy a mix between Roadie and MTB.

Looking at Tuesday and Thursday early morning, back at 06:00.

Weekend group to join also.

Maybe ride up to the Engen at around 4.45, heading down 5th and towards Bram Fisher and do a u-turn and latch onto the first group that looks reasonable. We've been hanging out like hookers on 5th street close to 5am and latching onto one of the many groups that fly past. Might be hard to get back home by 6am but we're normally back around 6.15 or so if it's a short 30-35km ride. Really enjoying it at the moment and the riders have all been friendly so far.

Maybe ride up to the Engen at around 4.45, heading down 5th and towards Bram Fisher and do a u-turn and latch onto the first group that looks reasonable. We've been hanging out like hookers on 5th street close to 5am and latching onto one of the many groups that fly past. Might be hard to get back home by 6am but we're normally back around 6.15 or so if it's a short 30-35km ride. Really enjoying it at the moment and the riders have all been friendly so far.

Will look into it thanks :)

Archived