Tick season

Wally39

If you do find one - then don't pull it out and risk breaking the head off (thus increasing your risk of rickettsia (tick bite fever)) - rather gently cover the whole tick with vaseline (be generous), and it will withdraw the head, then you can remove it - this takes some vasbyt to be patient enough, but it's worth it.

Ja, easier said than done. It's like a loose tooth, you need to play with it until it falls off.

Last year was my first encounter with a tick. Found it while in the bath so by that time it was drowned and cooked - still struggled to get it out with a tweezer. Had some complications but way more diligent now especially with my habit of lie downs.

Does mixing tabard etc with sunblock not dilute the efficacy of the sunblock?

Does mixing tabard etc with sunblock not dilute the efficacy of the sunblock?

You can buy some sunblocks with insect repellent in them - technibloc do one for sure - smells like citronella oil in it.

I have never noticed sunblock being less effective - but that's very unscientific....

Peaceful sleep stick under sunblock.

ALWAYS check every nook and cranny after a ride in the bush.

If you do find one - then don't pull it out and risk breaking the head off (thus increasing your risk of rickettsia (tick bite fever)) - rather gently cover the whole tick with vaseline (be generous), and it will withdraw the head, then you can remove it - this takes some vasbyt to be patient enough, but it's worth it.

You seem suspiciously comfortable using vaseline liberally!

it's a T, not a D.... your sexlexia is getting to you.... :)

Note to self. .. don't take a gulp of coffee while browsing the bHub.

You win the chirp of the day. . ;D

Erm... no.... I would refer you to a suitably qualified therapist...

Or send him a tub of the Ass Magic "Love your Bum" (chamois) cream I saw at my LBS recently...... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Or send him a tub of the Ass Magic "Love your Bum" (chamois) cream I saw at my LBS recently...... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I have several... big fan of their product. Doesnt have the same tingle as Assos, but still nice on the whole.

I have several... big fan of their product. Doesnt have the same tingle as Assos, but still nice on the whole.

Ah, I see what you did there, and assure you I got the hole joke...