Riding at Dinokeng

Uni

The Dinokeng Reserve is 18 000ha so its not that small, its the enclosed camps that are pretty small, so not worth the effort to be honest. I own a hospitality management company and I do the sales and marketing for Dinokeng, however what is exciting is that I am working on a concession in Phalaborwa whereby we will be offering professionally guided MTB tours with a Big 5 reserve - cycle for about 40km day 1, night over in a tented camp, continue the next day for another 60km or so before spending another night in a tented camp, and the next day a short 20-30km ride back to the main lodge. Watch this space.  

Im looking to go to Dinokeng soon and want to actually take my mtb with. What is the current rules, I can't find it anywhere? I have to stay within the rules I know even that i'm an ex field guide with FGASA 3

Hope that you have your Phalaborwa trails up an running. I heard that Masketi or something like that called does not do any mtb trails anymore in the area.

Im looking to go to Dinokeng soon and want to actually take my mtb with. What is the current rules, I can't find it anywhere? I have to stay within the rules I know even that i'm an ex field guide with FGASA 3

Hope that you have your Phalaborwa trails up an running. I heard that Masketi or something like that called does not do any mtb trails anymore in the area.

No chance riding in the Dinokeng Reserve with free roaming Big 5. Very strict with what guides do walks for guests in the reserve - so unfortunately cycling isnt an option.

This past weekend I took part in the Kruger to Canyon Tour, a 95km cycle tour starting at Orpen Gate in Kruger. We cycled through parts of Kruger, Timbavati, Thornybush, Kapama and Moditlo, en route to the finish at Swadini. Amazing experience, saw plenty game and an Ellie from a distance. Entries limited to 100, split into groups of 20 riders per group. Each group had an armed guide and two backup guides. Highly recommend. All proceeds go towards anti-poaching.

Then coming back to an earlier post of mine, have nearly wrapped up the mtb tour on a private concession near Phalaborwa, but working on a few others, like a 3-4 day tour in the Western Cape. Have been battling with finding the right person to run with these tours, but thats all sorted so we are full steam ahead. If anyone is interested in the tours that will be on offer towards the end of this year, drop me an email with your contact info and I will get some info to you. sales@wildhospitality.com

This past weekend I took part in the Kruger to Canyon Tour, a 95km cycle tour starting at Orpen Gate in Kruger. We cycled through parts of Kruger, Timbavati, Thornybush, Kapama and Moditlo, en route to the finish at Swadini. Amazing experience, saw plenty game and an Ellie from a distance. Entries limited to 100, split into groups of 20 riders per group. Each group had an armed guide and two backup guides. Highly recommend. All proceeds go towards anti-poaching.

Then coming back to an earlier post of mine, have nearly wrapped up the mtb tour on a private concession near Phalaborwa, but working on a few others, like a 3-4 day tour in the Western Cape. Have been battling with finding the right person to run with these tours, but thats all sorted so we are full steam ahead. If anyone is interested in the tours that will be on offer towards the end of this year, drop me an email with your contact info and I will get some info to you. sales@wildhospitality.com

Yip with the Hoedspruit bunch. Had a few mattes that did it the past weekend. Alot of the riding in Blue Canyon Conservancy. Another 2 friends of mine did an fun tour inside of Klaserie. They loved it. 

I actually went onto Strava after the post and saw that a few guys are regularly riding on the gravel road as you enter the Tau Gate and when you get to De Wagedrift gravel road. The went down the road for about 10km and turned back to head back to the starting point. I'm waiting for Dinokeng reserve to get back to me also else I will phone tomorrow to find out. 

All the best with your tours. Alot of work will need to go into it to make it work. 

Edited by CharlesZ

Yip with the Hoedspruit bunch. Had a few mattes that did it the past weekend. Alot of the riding in Blue Canyon Conservancy. Another 2 friends of mine did an fun tour inside of Klaserie. They loved it. 

I actually went onto Strava after the post and saw that a few guys are regularly riding on the gravel road as you enter the Tau Gate and when you get to De Wagedrift gravel road. The went down the road for about 10km and turned back to head back to the starting point. I'm waiting for Dinokeng reserve to get back to me also else I will phone tomorrow to find out. 

All the best with your tours. Alot of work will need to go into it to make it work. 

Lets hope that nobody gets hurt during their rogue riding.

In terms of the tours, ja it is a lot of work indeed, but thankfully my issue, until now, was to find a reliable person to run with the business - but thats all sorted so we are good to go :clap: