Giant Anthem X Advanced

oosthuja

I was recently in the same boat and had the opportunity to demo both the Giant and the Scott 930 for a few days. The Giant is a great bike and made sense on paper. There was just something about the Scott - I enjoyed it a lot more. Prefered the ride position, it handled better and it climbed a lot better than the Giant, I mean a lot! Just finished the Karoo2Coast on the Scott and I could not be more happy with my purchase. One of my riding buddies bought one as well and also loves it.

If you can, go ride both and decide. It would be foolish to make such an important purchase without trying a few bikes first. I thought there was a big difference between the two and prefered the Scott by far.

Make sure you look after those pivots, the sparks have been well known for cracking rear triangles. Not sure if they have sorted it out though. 

Make sure you look after those pivots, the sparks have been well known for cracking rear triangles. Not sure if they have sorted it out though.

Yes I heard these rumours but it sounds like this was only an issue with much older bikes. The recent models have no more issues with cracked frames than any other brands.

Archived