First Look Friday: Camelbak Palos 4LR; Jaybird X2; Turbine

News bot

It's awesome and does have a bit of movement but works well for short rides. You will have to import it as the agents don't want to stock it.

Yo dude, where did you source yours from? Rode with an old fanny pack earlier in the week, and for shorter rides it ROCKS> 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I've been using the Palos for about 3 weeks now (3 short rides and one longer one) and must say that it's been fantastic. It's a strangely liberating feeling knowing that you have 1.5l strapped to your hips, as well as enough space for your keys, a few pieces of droe-wors, your multitool and phone, and then you can strap your kneepads or (in my case) stow your jacket when it gets too hot on the trails (a starting temp of 2 degrees in Jonkers meant I needed it badly in the beginning, but it warmed up by the time we got to the top)

Compared to my normal pack (DaKine Amp 35l) which I would use for looooong rides, it felt weightless. Yes, I tend to be the one packing the kitchen sink when I take the pack with me, but there are times that I wish I had just a small amount of water, yet don't want to stow my phone / keys in my pockets as that could (and has) caused problems when dismounting involuntarily. This fits the bill perfectly, and has the added benefit of not making you sweat harder than a priest at a kindergarten. 

I'd rate it 9/10 for versatility and practicality. The only thing I'd change is the positioning of the hose clip. It's great whilst you're wearing the pack, but when you take it off you need to unclip the hose from the magnetic holder and then undo the strap. A minor irritation if anything, and something that I only noticed when putting it on and taking it off again. 

It didn't feel strange at all when coming down Bennet's red or fire hut, but my speed down the latter was far less than normal due to a slow leak in my front tire. 

Would definitely buy it as a complement to my existing pack, and use it instead of taking a bottle. Still want to ride a bit more to form a proper opinion on it, but so far it's been brilliant.

Oh - and it's DEFINITELY #Enduro, bro.