[Event] The Value Logistics Fast One

StevieL

How was everybodies race?

I wanted to puke @ 20km mark. Pace was WAY to high for me. 

Edit: I'm going to wait for official time before I give my time  :blush:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knocked half an hour off last year. Held the bunch till 60ks then I fell off a bit but a good day. As always , excellent orginization , for very little money. These guys know how to put on a race, a few could learn from them.

I wanted to puke @ 20km mark. Pace was WAY to high for me. 

Edit: I'm going to wait for official time before I give my time  :blush:

Fantastic result...

You must have one hell of a training partner  :P

Missed My B bunch start.. Traffic caught me out,  

Probably not a bad thing, the B bunch was twitchy and jittery as hell, a few close calls I witnessed this morning.

To the guy that had the blow out at 71kms, kudos, my friend, that was some of the best bike handling skills I think I have ever witnessed... :clap:

Edit: Time: 2h32m

Probably not a bad thing, the B bunch was twitchy and jittery as hell, a few close calls I witnessed this morning.

To the guy that had the blow out at 71kms, kudos, my friend, that was some of the best bike handling skills I think I have ever witnessed... :clap:

Edit: Time: 2h29 (ish)

It wasn't so bad at the front of the group. BL winners finished just over 2:30.

BTW, nice to meet you.

2.23 from VC.

Could have had been about 3 minutes better but as we took the last turn, one of the guys lost it and recovered in the dirt on the road. I hi brakes while the front of the bunch accelerated away.

Getting to the venue was a shocker, stood in the traffic jam for about 45 minutes. Made my start time with 1 minute to go.

It wasn't so bad at the front of the group. BL winners finished just over 2:30.

BTW, nice to meet you.

Biggest problem with B bunch was all the people riding on the right hand side of the white line, pushing back into the bunch when they realise there is incoming traffic!

One guy fell on a right turn - think it was where we turned away from the circus, he was sitting very distraught in the middle of the road.

There was also a massive pile up at the last right turn going towards the finish. People do not know how to hold their lines in a corner, and all cut in...

Finished in a comfortable 2:31ish, albeit with some very nervous sections in the first 2/3 of the race

Great race. Managed a 2:20 from AL. No real close calls that I saw.

To the guy that broke his crank a few km's from the start, great work getting out the way smoothly! Sucks for your race to end like that but at least you didn't ruin anyone else's.

Getting in the venue was a slow process and few guys took chances (one been an Audi with bikes on roof) and rode against the traffic, IDIOTS. My chip came loose somewhere between parking and the start line, so no official time for me plus now i have to get a new one. Race went OK, first 40km i felt strong until my chain came off and I lost my group, rest of race was less OK. Getting out the venue to the R59 highway was a repeat slow process. 

Biggest problem with B bunch was all the people riding on the right hand side of the white line, pushing back into the bunch when they realise there is incoming traffic!

Biggest problem seems to be the number of guys happy to sit in/at the back of the bunch. The front third hardly ever needed to cross the line, unless a few needed to get near the front.

I know most people can't always be at the front all the time, so if they are in the bunch or near the back then sit in and enjoy the ride, no need to ride so far right. The problem is they can't ride at the same speed when in the gutter. Besides, the guys up front are doing all the work and the others tagging along.

In a less fit state, I've been there (at the back), and it's one of the worst places to be (continuous concertina effect and wagging tail).

Absolutely K@K - Stayed with EL 2nd break away group till about the 40km mark then realised I had a slow puncher, took 10 minutes to fix that, gave it horns once I was up and running to catch the FL lead bunch and burn`t everything I had in the tank, needed to refill one bottle at the last water point so that I could limp home and the final nail in the coffin - a slow puncher again on the front tire at the 80km mark, pushed through to 88km, repump slow leaking tire and hope to hell to make it home. Eventually crossed the line 3:19. According to my gps tracker my actual moving time was 03:00:02.

I am surprised that I was able to hang on for so long considering I last cycled on the road April last year..... But at the end of the Day I am still very disappointed that I haven`t managed to break the sub 3 hour mark. 

Edit: Time: 2h29 (ish)

That's where I lost the group, the guy with the blowout had some close calls when he went off the road. Agree with you, well done with staying upright. At the same spot one of Gerald's club mates lost a crank arm too.

I passed at least 2 HL riders in the last 5 km, definitely took the short route at the turn off.

Thanks to the Germiston Wheelers for doing a lot of the work at the front. Well ridden gents.

I did 2:33 from CL. Worked like a horse then had some smart alec telling me to do some work for a change. People are weird.

A number of big accidents in CL. Eventually managed to get into the final dash for the line and came 7th in the group. Pretty much just working on my seeding so I can get back into VC where the skill levels are a bit higher. Hope today helps with that a bit. Perhaps get into BL next race.

That's where I lost the group, the guy with the blowout had some close calls when he went off the road. Agree with you, well done with staying upright. At the same spot one of Gerald's club mates lost a crank arm too.

I passed at least 2 HL riders in the last 5 km, definitely took the short route at the turn off.

Thanks to the Germiston Wheelers for doing a lot of the work at the front. Well ridden gents.

Trying to teach the guys from the club how to race. While most of them can stay with the A bunch, they will learn more up front in another group to hopefully one day step up to AL and Vets racing. Plan C eventually worked out for us, with a 2nd to 5th place. For the guy that got the 2nd place prize money it's done wonders for his confidence - he was feeling quite demotivated after being dropped at an umber races. For the rest of us, another safely negotiated race.

Thanks to the guys that helped keep it safe up front. See you in two weeks for the Ride for Sight.

Archived