Is this due to too much power or some other

Dicky DQ

The 240 is not a lower end DT Swiss hub. It is at the premium end of their range. Very light.

Yep. 240 uses a ring drive and no pawls

Lower end dt hubs use pawls like everyone else.

That's what I'm talking about.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. 240 uses a ring drive and no pawls

Lower end dt hubs use pawls like everyone else.

That's what I'm talking about.

My DT Swiss 350 hubs also have the ring drive. Their website doesn't show anything lower end . Maybe pawls on their older stuff or under a different brand made by them.

Been very happy with the 350. Reliable and very similar weight to the Hopes. Alu freebody gets a bit chewed up by XT cassettes tho due to all the separate cogs. I wish the ratchet upgrade kits were available locally. Mine has the 18t ratchet and I would prefer faster engagement.

My DT Swiss 350 hubs also have the ring drive. Their website doesn't show anything lower end . Maybe pawls on their older stuff or under a different brand made by them.

Been very happy with the 350. Reliable and very similar weight to the Hopes. Alu freebody gets a bit chewed up by XT cassettes tho due to all the separate cogs. I wish the ratchet upgrade kits were available locally. Mine has the 18t ratchet and I would prefer faster engagement.

Yeah they make a whole lot for oem as well.. 

anyway, 

Yeah fantastic hubs, hardly ever give trouble. Like you mention the freehub bodies being a bit soft being the only issue, but that being said that is an issue on almost all hubs. 

Archived