Onto the Haaghoek once more with Benoot settling the pace, before Sagan comes through and takes a turn. There's a chace group with Chavanel and Moscon involved, and then the main field.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Moscon group has been caught by the main field with the eight leaders now 45 seconds clear with 34km to go. The race is well balanced.

It's Theuns and Tosh Van der Sande in the counter attack but it's only the Trek rider who is working.

The Lotto rider starts to work but the peloton are closing now as Reus starts to struggle. He has a mechanical.

Meanwhile Benoot is taking a huge turn on the front, right in the centre of the road through the cobbles. He looks strong but is he doing too much too soon?

Three riders left from the earlier break and they're hanging on for dear life, making sure that they don't get in the way. There's another attack from Trek Segafredo.

It's Jasper Stuyven who has the gap and he's about to catch Reus. The gap to the leading group is 45 seconds though. That's a hard ask to make up in th final 26km but he'll be hoping more riders make it over to help him.

The Sagan group hold 50 seconds over the main field with 23km to go. The race is still wide open but the Sagan group is working well together, even having turns from the riders who were in the earlier break.

Etixx continue with their policy of containment with three men on the front. Terpstra is there.

Four Etixx riders on the front now lifting the pace, Terpstra and Martin both there now.

Those guys are just machines

Archived