There are some decent names in there - and certainly a few strong riders with Kluge and Tjallingii standing out with the most experience and/or horsepower.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20km into the race and the group have 1'57 over the peloton. That's our break for the day.

The bunch have well and truly sat up now with the break picking up a minute per-kilo at the moment. The gap to the bunch is at 4'25 after 24km of racing.

The peloton have a comfort break and the gap has moved out to 9'40 after 29km of racing.

"Personally, I’m not sure, I’m coming back from the track. But we’ve got a lot of options on Dimension Data. There will be a lot of fresher legs in the finale on account of the weather."

Manx Missile

At least with Jan Barta in the break, at least I should get some points at some of the 4 sections... :)

We've covered the first 50 kilometres of this year's Milan-San Remo. Just to re-cap if you've just woken up, 11 men have broken clear of the peloton and they hold a 10'45 lead over the peloton. One none starter today, that was Hofland, and the sun is out.

Kristoff has decided to put one man on the front of the peloton. Katusha aren't concerned by the break but they just want to keep an eye on things.

We're hearing some reports of a landslide on a section of the course. Not much more than that at the moment but we'll bring you news as we receive it.

@gen

Photos are emerging online now of the landslide. There appear to be several cars involved - not from the race though - and so organisers will need to find an alternative route.

!!!

From the landslide images we're looking at, and again this isn't from the race organiser, it's going to be hard for the race to pass along this stretch of road. It's around Arezano, near Genova.

One option for the race could involve a neutralisation. We could then see the riders shipped off in buses to a new point where the race could start safely. Once we have confirmation on any plans we'll bring them to you. At the moment the race is still over an hour away from the landslide.

Another option could see the organisers route the rider onto the motorway and off the coastal rode where the incident has taken place.

Archived