Ye olde 'Cancellara and the motorised bike' rumours from a few years ago and maybe that he is getting older all rolled into one?

Yeah, Niballi and Demare don't come off at all well. There is very little sugar coating on those subjects. :)

Yeah and that's why i like it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re. Nibali: there's been a lot recently from fellow riders in the pro peloton, coaches and journalists - all saying he's one of the biggest chops around. A hugely entitled prima donna with a very bad attitude. When Matt Brammeier called out Nibali, a number of guys came out in Matt's support (Tony Martin tweeted "Well said!"). Bouhanni is another one that's very unpopular.

Then you have someone like Boonen. Always the last person left behind signing autographs (I've heard stories about him having a *** race, could have been sulking in the team bus, but won't leave until he's signed the last autograph for the kids waiting for him outside and after everyone else has left). He's always thinking of everyone else, always the first person to congratulate his main rivals if they beat him in a race, always happy to give another interview to another pesky journalist, and always with a smile. He's like a god in Belgium, but anyone can stop him in the street and have a chat. If he's not 100% on form he'll be the first to say so and then die a thousand deaths to try and ride for his teammates - even the junior ones like Gaviria. Most other top riders will think it's beneath them to do that. Not Tomeke. One of the reasons why he is so liked and respected by everyone.

post-22004-0-08498700-1459339531_thumb.jpg

post-22004-0-21187700-1459339535_thumb.jpg

post-22004-0-72667800-1459339533_thumb.jpg

Re. Nibali: there's been a lot recently from fellow riders in the pro peloton, coaches and journalists - all saying he's one of the biggest chops around. A hugely entitled prima donna with a very bad attitude. When Matt Brammeier called out Nibali, a number of guys came out in Matt's support (Tony Martin tweeted "Well said!"). Bouhanni is another one that's very unpopular.

Then you have someone like Boonen. Always the last person left behind signing autographs (I've heard stories about him having a *** race, could have been sulking in the team bus, but won't leave until he's signed the last autograph for the kids waiting for him outside and after everyone else has left). He's always thinking of everyone else, always the first person to congratulate his main rivals if they beat him in a race, always happy to give another interview to another pesky journalist, and always with a smile. He's like a god in Belgium, but anyone can stop him in the street and have a chat. If he's not 100% on form he'll be the first to say so and then die a thousand deaths to try and ride for his teammates - even the junior ones like Gaviria. Most other top riders will think it's beneath them to do that. Not Tomeke. One of the reasons why he is so liked and respected by everyone.

Given his palmares you'd be forgiving if he didn't do the signings etcetera and yet he does. A very fine athlete and by the sounds of things an even better human being.

Not sure who it was but a Katusha rider will surely be expelled from the race for punching a Direct Energie rider. 

Not sure who it was but a Katusha rider will surely be expelled from the race for punching a Direct Energie rider.

Eh?

I didn't see that.. damn.. just got home

67km to go.gap have 4'23"

Eh?

I didn't see that.. damn.. just got home

67km to go.gap have 4'23"

Not sure who it was 

post-32242-0-74285500-1459344181_thumb.png

Not sure who it was

Lol.. that pic. Lol.. looks like he didn't land the punch

Lol.. that pic. Lol.. looks like he didn't land the punch

A proverbial swing and a miss?!? :whistling:

Someone is getting a fine or as JCZA said getting sent home.

And in other news.. for those wanting to watch the ladies RVV the weekend

Great @RondeVlaanderen news!

Women's race livestreamed, non-geoblocked on https://t.co/0bRqXjuQM8

@RochelleGilmore & me are commentating!

And in other news.. for those wanting to watch the ladies RVV the weekend

Great @RondeVlaanderen news!

Women's race livestreamed, non-geoblocked on https://t.co/0bRqXjuQM8

@RochelleGilmore & me are commentating!

That's great news Gen.

So you've been using the Bikehub as practice I take it. :whistling:

That's great news Gen.

So you've been using the Bikehub as practice I take it. :whistling:

Lol

Imagine that... there would be only swearing in the last 5km of the race.. sorry.. forgot to post the tweet link

Archived