• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol

Imagine that... there would be only swearing in the last 5km of the race.. sorry.. forgot to post the tweet link

I've always maintained that the last 5 k's are the most entertaining part of the race. Your swearing might actually make it more entertaining but I digress.

Glad to see the ladies get a chance to shine in front of a tv audience (sort of).

I've always maintained that the last 5 k's are the most entertaining part of the race. Your swearing might actually make it more entertaining but I digress.

Glad to see the ladies get a chance to shine in front of a tv audience (sort of).

Yeah.. great for for the ladies, they race so aggressively and it's always entertaining to watch.

Interesting. . They say no backbacks allowed the weekend (Security reasons)

Also interesting that beach side town and it's dunes are apparently very doge at night. . Apparently much blushing is possible. .

The commentators are bored????

Re. Nibali: there's been a lot recently from fellow riders in the pro peloton, coaches and journalists - all saying he's one of the biggest chops around. A hugely entitled prima donna with a very bad attitude. When Matt Brammeier called out Nibali, a number of guys came out in Matt's support (Tony Martin tweeted "Well said!"). Bouhanni is another one that's very unpopular.

Then you have someone like Boonen. Always the last person left behind signing autographs (I've heard stories about him having a *** race, could have been sulking in the team bus, but won't leave until he's signed the last autograph for the kids waiting for him outside and after everyone else has left). He's always thinking of everyone else, always the first person to congratulate his main rivals if they beat him in a race, always happy to give another interview to another pesky journalist, and always with a smile. He's like a god in Belgium, but anyone can stop him in the street and have a chat. If he's not 100% on form he'll be the first to say so and then die a thousand deaths to try and ride for his teammates - even the junior ones like Gaviria. Most other top riders will think it's beneath them to do that. Not Tomeke. One of the reasons why he is so liked and respected by everyone.

Reminds me of Sagz too

Really brings humility, humanity and a healthy dose of lightness to the Worldtour.

No wonder the dude described above has displayed ongoing levels of respect for Sagz.

When the crosswinds of Gent' nail you and the chasers are minutes off into the distance, why not display some teamwork and give a soigneur a lift back to the team bus.......  :w00t:

Pic by Brakethroughmedia

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2016/03/32_20160327_%C2%A9BrakeThrough-Media_A22Y3068-660x440.jpg

Reminds me of Sagz too

Really brings humility, humanity and a healthy dose of lightness to the Worldtour.

No wonder the dude described above has displayed ongoing levels of respect for Sagz.

Yeah.. you always see him stop for fans.. especially kids, and it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling seeing that.. he actually said in an interview that people come from far to see the riders how can you just walk past them (the fans). As he says as a kid he would hang around to see the riders. So he understands and is happy to sign autographs and take pics with the fans.

Archived