Serengeti MTB

Natashap

Done and dusted, this must be one of the flattest/fastest MTB races around.

No issues crossing torrential rivers or riding through mud baths. Only gripe i had was with the markings at the 30km mark with split in directions, other than that enjoyable morning ride. R10 for bike wash while i was gobbling down hot dogs was worth it. 

This race has my vote for most boring race of the year. Dry dusty roads, zero single track and a U turn at the halfway point. The highlight of my race was a side wall puncture :-)

Goes back much further than Emperors, it used to be Edenvale Mayors day, one of the oldest races in the country. I remember when it belonged to edenvale pedlers and Johnson cycles and Edenvale Spur were the main sponsors

And we started from the Edenvale sports grounds and went all the way up van riebeeck to where Greenstone is now. Was a lekker fast finish coming down. If I can remember correctly we did Allendale? We now going back probably 20 years.

Good times! All the splits and final culling was done coming up the allendale "steps".

Sjoe. I'm old.

Goodness yes I remember that race! First road race I ever did back in the early 90s.

Sad indeed to lose a real classic.

Archived