[Event] STBB 2Keep-a-Breast MTB Challenge

Anna_Afrika

Event Name: STBB 2Keep-a-Breast MTB Challenge
When: 22 October 2016
Where: Bottelary Hills, Overgaauw Estate, Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The STBB 2Keep-a-Breast MTB Challenge in support of breast cancer awareness and in aid of CANSA is taking place on SATURDAY 22 OCTOBER 2016 at the Overgaauw Wine Estate in Stellenbosch over the fantastic Bottelary Hills MTB trails.

Distances available are 60km, 45km, 30km, 12km and 5km.

There will be a FREE breakfast tent in the morning and the water tables on the ride are fantastically stocked with lots of great options to fuel you on the various distances.

The GOODIEBAGS for all participants including special goodiebags for kiddies are getting heavier and heavier with all the sponsors adding value.

Fantastic prizes are lined up for podium finishers as well as for lucky draws.

Entries is open on Quicket: https://www.quicket.co.za/events/12964-stbb-2keep-a-breast-mtb-challenge-2016/#/

Online entries closes on Friday 14 October 2016

Check out the Facebook link to the event page: https://www.facebook.com/stbbmtbchallenge

Check out the STBBMTB Challenger of 2015:

Twitter: @STBBMtb

Instagram: @STBBMtb

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Soon as entries open I'm in. I checked Quicket just now and there is no sign of any STBB events though. 

Just entered. Great event and only THE Best water points. EVER.

Never done a W2W have you? :)

• 5 months later...

Soon as entries open I'm in. I checked Quicket just now and there is no sign of any STBB events though. 

Dear Rouxenator. We look forward to seeing you at our event. If you have not yet entered, herewith the link: https://www.quicket.co.za/events/12964-stbb-2keep-a-breast-mtb-challenge-2016/

There will definitely be a number collection in Stellenbosch, we will advise on that closer to the time.

Kind regards, STBBMTB

Just entered. Great event and only THE Best water points. EVER.

We look forward to seeing you at our race on 22 October 2016 Ferro!!

• 3 weeks later...

The 60km is strictly for the fit and experienced.

Riders can expect a mind-blowing variety of singletrack, created by trail gurus Braam Louw and Adrian Winter, carving its way through vineyards, natural bush, plantations, and even over granite slabs!

The 360 degree loop around the Renosterveld Conservancy affords riders the opportunity of experiencing the unparalleled views of the Jonkershoek Mountains, False Bay, and even the Tafelberg. However, with around 1,600m of vertical ascent the privilege of such magnificent scenery must be earned! After all, the trail network is not called Bottelary Hills for no reason.

Most of the climbing will be done on fresh legs in the first 10km of the challenge as the route ascends away from Overgaauw and into Bottelary Hills, splitting the racing snakes from the weekend warriors. With a bit of breathing space, competitors will be able to enjoy the next 10km of single-track without any backlogs before being spat out onto a lengthy but fast stretch of vineyard jeep track rising and diving through the various wine estates that make up this award winning conservation area.

This jeep track section culminates in the third major climb of the day. Fear not, the toil will be rewarded with an incredible view of the jagged Stellenbosch mountains and the promise of a seemingly endless stretch of singletrack.

The final 10km will be covered at a rapid rate as, powered by the smell of lunch and the promise of a relaxing afternoon enjoying the various stalls, wine tasting, and craft beer, riders scream (with delight) out of the Hills and back into Overgaauw. 

Just a question about the route you have there for the 60km. It seems to be the same route/profile used for the past 3 years and it shows that the Orange loop is included on the Red loop. However it has never been ridden as part of STBB so I would like to know if it is actually going to be part this year?

Here is what the 60km STBB actually was the past 3 years : 

post-38519-0-84297400-1474874696_thumb.jpg

Compared to your route map that includes the Orange loop : 

post-38519-0-84097800-1474874711_thumb.jpg

Just a question about the route you have there for the 60km. It seems to be the same route/profile used for the past 3 years and it shows that the Orange loop is included on the Red loop. However it has never been ridden as part of STBB so I would like to know if it is actually going to be part this year?

Here is what the 60km STBB actually was the past 3 years : 

attachicon.gifactual.jpg

Compared to your route map that includes the Orange loop : 

attachicon.gifyours.jpg

Your profile is the correct one - orange loop is not included. 

Archived