3Mountains MTB & Trail Stage Race

Speeltyd

Entered for this one at the end of March in Clocolan. Out of the various options available, I selected the Combined Race, which consists of two run stages and two MTB stages.

Quite excited about the new angle in my own participation - what with the running part. Did my first 5k's on the Treadmill this morning, and realise there's some work to do in the next four weeks!

Will be doing the mtb short. Doing it for the first time and not sure what to expect. Did the Trans Baviaans 4 times and the To hell & back once. Anybody have an idea of how tough the 3 Mountains is?

Will be doing the mtb short. Doing it for the first time and not sure what to expect. Did the Trans Baviaans 4 times and the To hell & back once. Anybody have an idea of how tough the 3 Mountains is?

Its tough but totally doable.

The race is do-able, the blatant racism in the town is not... I will never return

With the current situation country-wide (UCT's dimwits, the parliament monkeys, sparrow's flying lessons, gareth's cliffhanger with mnet...), kindly elaborate....[emoji37]

With the current situation country-wide (UCT's dimwits, the parliament monkeys, sparrow's flying lessons, gareth's cliffhanger with mnet...), kindly elaborate....[emoji37]

Rather not - let's keep this Cycling related please.

I didn't expect this to be a tough race....

Its tough, but doable. Did it last year. Graspolle kills you, doesnt matter if you are on dual sus or HT.  Mostly farmroad, with very little bit of singletrack. Overall okay

Where are you guys staying. Want to enter but still looking for accommodation.

Regards

Got a room at the Waterfall Guest Farm - didn't want to camp.

Where are you guys staying. Want to enter but still looking for accommodation. Regards

Staying in the school hostel

Staying in the school hostel

Hi Frikkels

Hope all well. Did you stay at the Hostels before... Just want some more info regarding the hostels

Hi Frikkels Hope all well. Did you stay at the Hostels before... Just want some more info regarding the hostels

Hi Natasha. No I didn't. Doing it for the 1st time but know the lady in charge of the hostel. You can contact me for more info at fterbla@mandelametro.gov.za

Very excited to do my first 3Mountains.  Looking forward to doing a race I have never done before in a town I have never been before. (Got accommodation at Zuikerkop Game Lodge)

Very excited to do my first 3Mountains.  Looking forward to doing a race I have never done before in a town I have never been before. (Got accommodation at Zuikerkop Game Lodge)

Will see you at the start line!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this race. I was hoping to do my third Epic this year but this seems like an good alternative. Camping on the race village and hoping for some hard racing

Archived