Roval Carbon Wheels Nipples

NotShatterProof

Hi Hubbers,

I need some help. I have a set of 2013 Roval Control Carbon SL wheels. Due to an unobservant driver (i.e. cell phone driver)  I'm two spokes short of a full wheel this morning. Does anyone know what spoke length these use and the make and type of nipple.

I used my google-fu for a while but all I could come up with is DT Swiss Pro Lock Hexagonal and DT Swiss Revolution but no sizes.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get these at short notice here in JHB North/Midrand/Centurion that would be really useful.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

All I know is that you need to order the spokes direct from Specialized Concept store as I had the same issue and no other store in Cape Town could get it for me within a reasonable time frame.

The spokes have a 90 degree bend when entering the hub and you would need to purchase a whole set (not cheap). I had my entire wheel rebuilt because the standard nipples although they look good are steel and they corrode overtime, hence I  had mine replaced with brass nipples. 

Also, if its the red spokes on you wheel that have broken, don't bother ordering the same as they are R130 per spoke. 

If I remember correctly, they are 302mm long (depends on DS or NDS) but you'll have to get from a concept store...as the local spoke supply industry is in a bit of turmoil at the moment...

Hi Hubbers,

I need some help. I have a set of 2013 Roval Control Carbon SL wheels. Due to an unobservant driver (i.e. cell phone driver)  I'm two spokes short of a full wheel this morning. Does anyone know what spoke length these use and the make and type of nipple.

I used my google-fu for a while but all I could come up with is DT Swiss Pro Lock Hexagonal and DT Swiss Revolution but no sizes.

Also, if anyone knows where I can get these at short notice here in JHB North/Midrand/Centurion that would be really useful.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Strip out a good spoke and measure them - easy enough to do - remember you will likely have different length spokes on the drive and non drive sides, so you need to strip 2 spokes.

If you need help I can make a plan if you are in the  Rosebank area.

Thanks for all the replies.

@Heppy, my nipples are aluminium so I think corrosion is probably an even bigger problem, I'm going to go brass if I can.

@jannosmit. I will try to do that, they are sort of in my vicinity but I've never been there so I'm not sure how good they are. Believe it or not but the only Specialized store that has ever worked on my bike is Coimbra in George (and what an amazing bunch of people they are, great mechanic too).

@GrantR-PTA. Thank you, those are really great links, I was not aware of those sites.

@V12man & @Skinnyone: I will do that when I get home tonight, don't want to mess around too much here at work.

Thanks for all the replies.

@Heppy, my nipples are aluminium so I think corrosion is probably an even bigger problem, I'm going to go brass if I can.

@jannosmit. I will try to do that, they are sort of in my vicinity but I've never been there so I'm not sure how good they are. Believe it or not but the only Specialized store that has ever worked on my bike is Coimbra in George (and what an amazing bunch of people they are, great mechanic too).

@GrantR-PTA. Thank you, those are really great links, I was not aware of those sites.

@V12man & @Skinnyone: I will do that when I get home tonight, don't want to mess around too much here at work.

Do yourself a favour - drop them at the Trailhead and let Jason swap the nipples to brass and sort everything out - including checking for other damage - you might need an insurance company....

Edit - I should have noticed you are in midrnad - Why not take them to Anton Bosman at Summit cycles in Midrand - he knows the spes stuff backwards being a spez dealer and builds good wheels too. http://www.summitcycles.co.za/contact-us/

In Midrand get hold of Anton at Summit Cycles.Work is good and prices are reasonable :thumbup:

011 315 8311

In Midrand get hold of Anton at Summit Cycles.Work is good and prices are reasonable :thumbup:

011 315 8311

Was surprised no one had mentioned our own Sheriff yet, besides being far away from my hometown of Alberhoughton still the best wheelbuilder I know! Call him you will not be disappointed.

Was surprised no one had mentioned our own Sheriff yet, besides being far away from my hometown of Alberhoughton still the best wheelbuilder I know! Call him you will not be disappointed.

And who exactly is Anton if not Dangle/Sherriff/Wyatt?

Archived