Subaru Trail Blazer #2 - 5 March - Leribisi Lodge

worriesnot

Entered for this 70km race on Saturday but have had little to no information provided.

FB page says it starts at 7h00 and venue is Leribisi Lodge but other than that no other info... Registration? SAS event? Route map / profile?

Anyone else entered for this and possibly have more information?

Entered for this 70km race on Saturday but have had little to no information provided.

FB page says it starts at 7h00 and venue is Leribisi Lodge but other than that no other info... Registration? SAS event? Route map / profile?

Anyone else entered for this and possibly have more information?

Entered as well. Not a lot of info available. Even searched on Strava for a possible route profile. Saw some photos on FB with guys riding with SAS boards. Don't know why people moan about Avendurance and the Trailseeker series.  :ph34r:

I did the 35km in the 1st event and will not be entering again!  :thumbdown:

The route was not marked clearly. A whole bunch of us ended on 28km instead of 35km, and there was not a single water point on the route.

Obviously I cannot comment on the 70km route but unless they manage to seriously up their game, I will not be entering anymore of the Subaru series races.

I did the 35km in the 1st event and will not be entering again!  :thumbdown:

The route was not marked clearly. A whole bunch of us ended on 28km instead of 35km, and there was not a single water point on the route.

Obviously I cannot comment on the 70km route but unless they manage to seriously up their game, I will not be entering anymore of the Subaru series races.

Eish... 

Did they send registration information etc. sometime before the event or did you just rock up at the venue for the first event?

I assume #1 was somewhere else...?

Eish... 

Did they send registration information etc. sometime before the event or did you just rock up at the venue for the first event?

I assume #1 was somewhere else...?

Nope. We did not receive any information before the event. We just rocked up.

It was at the same venue - Leribisi Lodge.

I received a flyer for this while at the USN MTB Cup race at Avianto the weekend. I was keen to enter but not after seeing this thread.

What's with these badly organised races? They seem to be more fun rides or fund raisers than the real deal. Rather just label them as such.

Edited by justanotherbiker

I got a reply via FB.

Registration starts at 5:30

70km starts at 7:00

35km starts at 7:05

That's all...

I saw that as well. So no batching. Everybody starts roughly at the same time. No water points. The same route over and over and over. This is one well organised "race".

Ag wat, I'll still just go and ride and enjoy the day on the bike.

I saw that as well. So no batching. Everybody starts roughly at the same time. No water points. The same route over and over and over. This is one well organised "race".

Ag wat, I'll still just go and ride and enjoy the day on the bike.

Any day on the bike is a good day... 

I'll also make sure I pack some "recovery" drinks in the cooler just in case they don't have any at the finish. Having a few cold ones at hand will make everything better... 

Anyone who took part in this race, how was the route, organization, water points?

Did the 35k,havent done many races so cant be too critical

First piece was very flat and uneventful,mainly dirt roads. The last 15ks were brand new singletrack,very rough and new - had to do lot of hiking in sections. Even the 70k guys seemed to be struggling with the singletrack. But enjoyed myself thoroughly,was on a SS!

I had to start a few minutes late because there was a huge que to get my SAS board,not sure if that is a norm?

Otherwise there were 3 waterpoints on the 35k route.

Would definately do it again.

Was a great race, we did the 20km was very fast but enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one in the series.

We were cycling in the area and saw the new single track so took it, about an hour before the race go there. Initially great but gradually became more rocky and less clear and later we had to push bikes a lot. Obviously hard work to build a trail! Signing also got worse to the end, but if it weren't for the rain I would love to ride it again this weekend.

• 2 months later...

I've also done the first Subaru race, however I think the www.bouttime.co.za together with Navworld races are better organised, nicer routes and you get more bang for your buck and it usually goes towards a charity, especially with the annual WTF event(HUGE prizes and boerie & beer for all finishers!!! Then another and another beer). The Kaia Manzi is next with its own pump-track as part of the route, can't wait!!! These guys goes all out...