Raceface chainrings on Shimano XT crank?

DoubleJ

Hi guys

Im currently running 38/24 and Im thinking about going 36/22, without going triple crank. I have been running 40/28 for about 2 years now and I really enjoy a little bit more of a spinning approach rather than grinding everything out. Im pretty sure RaceFace manufacture this set, but I would like to know if their rings are Shimano compatible or should one go with their crank?

Any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks.

Hi guys

Im currently running 38/24 and Im thinking about going 36/22, without going triple crank. I have been running 40/28 for about 2 years now and I really enjoy a little bit more of a spinning approach rather than grinding everything out. Im pretty sure RaceFace manufacture this set, but I would like to know if their rings are Shimano compatible or should one go with their crank?

Many thanks.

They make Shimano and SRAM compatible rings as far as I know. 

Race face blades will work with an XT crankset. Just make sure the BCD is 104, I'm running Raceface NW blades on my 1x10 and 1x11 XT cranks.

Hi guys

Many thanks.

Just make sure that the ring is made for a 2x10 setup. Most Raceface chainrings sold are single narrow/wide's for a 1x setup.

I believe you can't use a single on a 2x setup - but I'm not an expert there.

You can run Raceface blades on a 2 or 3x crank, just position the blade to line up with the drivetrain; either inside or outside the spider - works great, I'm running an old 3x crank on my single speed.

Race face blades will work with an XT crankset. Just make sure the BCD is 104, I'm running Raceface NW blades on my 1x10 and 1x11 XT cranks.

You can run Raceface blades on a 2 or 3x crank, just position the blade to line up with the drivetrain; either inside or outside the spider - works great, I'm running an old 3x crank on my single speed.

.....the trick is sourcing narrow chainring bolts.

He does not want to go 1 x, therefore he does not need NW chainring.

He's looking for the "normal" 2 x 10 chainrings.

Archived