Taking care of forks and shocks

NickGM

Silicon spray is not the right stuff. Most varieties have volatile solvents that will attack and swell seals.

As for the brakes - just as DOT fluid will swell nitrile seals, mineral oil will swell the EPDM seals used in DOT systems. Do this at your own risk.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silicon spray is not the right stuff. Most varieties have volatile solvents that will attack and swell seals.

As for the brakes - just as DOT fluid will swell nitrile seals, mineral oil will swell the EPDM seals used in DOT systems. Do this at your own risk.

Not had any issues yet and been doing it for years with no problems....but you are right about nitrile v EPDM and dot to not be used when mineral oil required.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nimo and WorriorMTB

Look no further! BRUNOX has heard your cry for help!

We are 93 bike shops country wide and are always looking for new customers. So if your local bike shop does not stock us, Please ask them to contact us.

Nimo, I see you from the western cape. which suburb you situated in?

WorriorMTB, it says you situated in Pretoria, Right? We have tried the jhb market, but the shops are not biting yet at the idea of stocking us. But give it time! If enough customers ask for it, which creates a demand for it. The shops will start stocking it.

At the moment we are in Swiss cycles(Rosebank), Cycle tech(Morningside and Kyalami), Northcliff cycles (Northcliff), Bouwer Broers (Pretoria), Cycle House (Pretoria) and Tool Up & Maintenance (Pretoria)

The benefits of using BRUNOX Deo is that it ensures that the forks function to it full potential. It maintains damper joints, adjustment screws and keeps knobs running smoothly. It cleans and seals crowns, dip and standing pipes. Keeps seals moist to prevent cracking and excess dirt and dust from penetrating them. As well as it repels dirt and dust away from seals.

***PLEASE NOTE*** BRUNOX Deo is not a replacement or an alternative measure to servicing ones forks. The manufactures set service intervals are still up held. BRUNOX Deo just helps with the day-to-day maintenance of your forks. Used correctly, the service costs on average are less due to less wear and tear on working parts.

Yes that is true RockGuy! Please avoid all contact with Rotors!!!!! Not a fun experience, trust me! Only our Brake Cleaner may be used on the rotors and calipers.

NotSoBigBen, we have had that complaint alot. "Your product last too long" thats the usual one we get. Unfortunately the SWISS only want to make it in a 100ml bottle.

BRUNOX Deo can be applied before and after every ride and as well as after a bike wash. Spray it on the extansions just above the seals. Depress the forks a few times to get the Deo working. Then take a cloth and wipe all the dirt that has been pushed away from the seals and the extansions as well as the seals and any over splash. Especially the back side of the lower fork. Repeat until most of the dirt has been repelled. Then you fork is ready to hit the trails.

Hope all your questions have been answered. If you have any more, feel free to pop us an email or on social media:

Facebook- Atlantic Cycle Products

Bikehub- Mattex21 DM me or on any thread to do with forks or lube.

Our main aim is to educated the riders on how to look after their forks.

Rgs

Matthew

Technical Enquirers

matt@atlanticcycleproducts.co.za

WOOHOO! Finally got some Brunox last week... Went home and tested it out and I am massively impressive!

Pulled a load of dirt out from both for and rear shock... Even worked like a charm on my dropper!

Will never be without this in my toolbox! ef4fc72c357f624fc271c8e50475f5a1.jpg

WarriorMTB congratulations and welcome to the familly. Thanks for the support! Looking forward to hearing more good stories. All the best and happy trails!

Where can I get some Brunox in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town?

Looks like I need it for fork, shock and dropper.... 

Where can I get some Brunox in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town?

Looks like I need it for fork, shock and dropper....

You will not be disappointed! My fork, shock and dropper work better than the day I got the bike!

Hope you find some soon!

Simon123, most of the Southern Suburbs bike shops stock us. Best place would be Olympic, Cycle Teknix and Freewheel Cycology in Kenilworth

Simon123, most of the Southern Suburbs bike shops stock us. Best place would be Olympic, Cycle Teknix and Freewheel Cycology in Kenilworth

Archived