Cane Creek DB Inline can't handle the pressure

Josh0

I have been enjoying my recently acquired Banshee Spitfire so much these last few months, it really is a proper shredding machine.

The only downside is the Cane Creek Double Barrel Inline shock, which loses air pressure. I inflate the shock to 180 PSI to achieve the sag etc that I need, and then the next day it has fallen to 160 PSI.

It will always go down to 150-160PSI nothing less, so that tells me that it is not just leaking air. 

Has anyone experienced the same problem before? Is it a rebuild matter?

I don't even want to think about having my bike out of order for a week while the shock is being rebuilt. I might just wither and die..........

:unsure:

Having some issues with mine. Sending in next week for 2nd rebuild.

Makes a lot of noise - oil/air swishing sound and has little rebound damping on the first third of the stroke. Pressure is still fine I suppose as the sag is still the same.

Think there is a dud run with the initial production runs, where seal assemblies weren't done right.

Having some issues with mine. Sending in next week for 2nd rebuild.

Makes a lot of noise - oil/air swishing sound and has little rebound damping on the first third of the stroke. Pressure is still fine I suppose as the sag is still the same.

Think there is a dud run with the initial production runs, where seal assemblies weren't done right.

Sheezballs, 2nd rebuild already.

I think mine has been rebuilt before as well, I bought my frame second hand....

Mine also makes like a high pitch noise sometimes, cavitation maybe?

I read a story about the air seal issue, something like X amount were assembled with the seal wrong way around.

I might be saving up for a Monarch Plus in the near future.

If it's making a chirping noise then it's most likely that issue judging from feedback users on the internet.

If it's making a chirping noise then it's most likely that issue judging from feedback users on the internet.

That sucks bigtime!

Thanks for the feedback. Good luck with yours.

Two separate issues being discussed.  Firstly the loss of air pressure relates to the seals on the air sleeve side. Then the swishing/rasping sounds are from faults with the damper seals - air has mixed with the oil or oil escaped.  The chirping could be from anywhere!  Either problem will require the shock to be sent in - with the full damper rebuild likely to cost a lot more than the air side only.

Two separate issues being discussed.  Firstly the loss of air pressure relates to the seals on the air sleeve side. Then the swishing/rasping sounds are from faults with the damper seals - air has mixed with the oil or oil escaped.  The chirping could be from anywhere!  Either problem will require the shock to be sent in - with the full damper rebuild likely to cost a lot more than the air side only.

Hi David

Thank you for this important info. So it seems like my shock is suffering from 2 different faults.

I am quite bummed to have it rebuilt. Being without a ride is depressing, I don't even want to think about the costs involved. I do think that my shock is still under warranty though.