Advice on Heart Rate Monitors

Silence444

I use garmin for running and polar for cycling.  Have tried to get the garmin to work with Vitality but no luck.  Polar works like a breeze. 

No problem from Polarpersonaltrainer to Vitality, but no way to get the data from the older units to the PC with Windows 10 and Polar refuses to assist.

Garmin Connect works very well for both myself and my wife - different accounts linked to the same Vitality one.

I use the polar M400 for swimming, cycling and running, it works great. There are many products out there just choose one that suits your budget and activities, for me the M400 is a good all rounder at a decent price.

As far as I understand the tomtoms / suunto need to sync via mapmyfitness and Vitalty is not accepting new mapmyfitness logins. Thats why i was looking at the other options. Thanks

Yes that is true. Tomtoms are not recognized if purchased and synced to mapmyfitness after the 18 of March. 

Thanks for all the advice everyone....I didn't expect this much help :) Going to look at the polar M400 or try and save up for the new VivoActive Smart which looks really nice!

Sure you'll be happy with the M400. I have the V800 with which I'm very happy, think there are many similarities between the two watches.

The new VivoActive HR would be Garmins best multisport value option. Polar also supported by discovery and they have a few good options.

But I would not buy a HRM based on what Discovery currently support. They change their minds weekly.

Where can I buy a VivoActive HR? Most shops seem to only stock the previous generation  VivoActive without HR.

Archived