[Event] Nissan Trailseeker GP #3 Legends MX

VeloErv

Event Name: Nissan Trailseeker GP #3 Legends MX
When: 27 August 2016
Where: Legends MX, Donkerhoek, Pretoria East, Gauteng, South Africa, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Incredibly exciting new race and venue for event #4 in the Nissan Trailseeker series; LEGENDS MX.

Don't miss out on fantastic single tracks and mind-blowing hand-built trails, exhilarating river crossings and fast farm roads. Enter now!

Date : 27 August 2016

Venue: Legends MX, Donkerhoek, Pretoria East, Gauteng, South Africa

Terrain: Farm lands | Dry | Arid | Savanna

Elevation: 1354m |

Ascent: 70km - Tba. / 40km - Tba. / 20km - Tba. / 10km - Tba.

Participant Limit: 3000 (70km - 850 / 40km - 1250 / 20km - 700 / 10km - 200 )

Features: Hand built trails | Bridges | Cattle track | 4x4 Trails | Dirt roads

Go to Event Page

• 3 months later...

Who has done the race today,whats tour opinion,time finished,opinion on venue and routes? Did the half marathon today,1:42:00,was just miffed with the sand (but thats mtb right) venue was nice,route was fast until the 2nd waterpoint,with some technical climbs and a knarly downhill. I had no issues with the timing,and the traffic out was not that bad. Any other opinions?

Done the 59 km (Marathon). New course but loved the last 30 km. Everthing else well organized. That switchback trial was excellent.

Did not blow me away on the 59km.

First half was done @ a constant redline pace.

2nd half became a bit monotonous...the same scenery on the same koppie over and over.

Entry page said 70km.

Announcer said 63km

Ended up being 59km

Feeling a bit robbed as the fee was for a 70km?

Anybody know if there  are photos available from these events?

I am sure I passed two guys on the trail taking pics

Usually it gets uploaded on www.jetlineactionphoto.com from Monday afternoon onwards after the event.

Did not blow me away on the 59km.

First half was done @ a constant redline pace.

2nd half became a bit monotonous...the same scenery on the same koppie over and over.

Entry page said 70km.

Announcer said 63km

Ended up being 59km

Feeling a bit robbed as the fee was for a 70km?

None of the trailseeker routes will blow you away as it is catered for the masses. If you want impressive technical routes, that is what they cater for in the Ashburton events.

As for feeling robbed, I don't understand why this comment is always made. It is not like we are paying per kilometer. We pay for the venue, water points, marshals etc. 

Overall I was happy with the event at the new venue. Easy access. Nice enough route, although the first half felt like a road race averaging 30kph. The second half started sorting out the dirt roadies from the MTB'ers a bit with the short steep climbs, sand, rocks etc. 

Happy with my time of 2h24 on the Marathon

Edited by Rudi Pollard

Usually it gets uploaded on www.jetlineactionphoto.com from Monday afternoon onwards after the even

Go to Nissan Trailseeker facebook group - over 700 photo's

As for feeling robbed, I don't understand why this comment is always made. It is not like we are paying per kilometer. We pay for the venue, water points, marshals etc. 

This has to do with "expectations".

I paid for an entry expecting it to be as advertised - don't think that is unreasonable?

None of the trailseeker routes will blow you away as it is catered for the masses. If you want impressive technical routes, that is what they cater for in the Ashburton events.

Overall I was happy with the event at the new venue. Easy access. Nice enough route, although the first half felt like a road race averaging 30kph. The second half started sorting out the dirt roadies from the MTB'ers a bit with the short steep climbs, sand, rocks etc. 

Happy with my time of 2h24 on the Marathon

I also felt robbed.

No free face cloth to wash my face. :whistling:

The event was great and the second half did put justice into it.

My fault was I'm fat (85kg) and only had a 32x11 gearing.

Ran out of gears on that long down hill drag. Doing 40km\h+ at 120rpm aint nice at all.

Getting out was also not a problem for me.

Done the 59 km (Marathon). New course but loved the last 30 km. Everthing else well organized. That switchback trial was excellent.

I left some skin on that decent. My fault. Have to learn how to ride those corners.

Front wheel washed out.