Emmarentia / Delta Park Trail Info

Hi all,

My parents live in Craighall in Jhb and have a place on the spruit (Just before the Conrad Drive bridge). We see sooooo many MTB riders on this trail on weekends. Have heard it runs very far and is an awesome ride.

Does anyone have a map or a website url with info on this? My wife and I are very keen to get out there!!

Thanks

CF Wink

I'll take you guys this weekend if it does not rain. I'm fine with the cold.

This map is al the way from my house on the West rand to Paulshof.

http://www.vukileprops.co.za/pics/spruit.jpg

Thanks for the info. Sitting on Google at the moment trying to get more info. I heard CycleLab has a map of the trail...but cant confirm this yet. Also heard there was a website on this trail...but cant find it yet either. Grrr...

Not yet sure if we going this weekend. Will have to check if my wife is working or not....and still need to pick up a MTB. Thanks for the offer! Do you ride that route often? Are there any clubs that ride there on weekends?

EDIT: Found this website...buts its for hiking though Wink

Another informative site:

CrazyFig2008-05-05 04:06:20

I heard CycleLab has a map of the trail...but cant confirm this yet. Also heard there was a website on this trail...but cant find it yet either. Grrr...

Rumour confirmed. Here's the GPX file from Neil Frazer (you do have a Garmin, don't you? Wink )

<SHAMELESS PLUG>

Thanks Cycle Lab - you're great!

</SHAMELESS PLUG>

uploads/20080505_042009_spruit.zip

LOL! Thanks for the file...dont have a garmin...but have no problem getting hold of one. My mother in law doesnt like her Nuvi 300. Think I should make an offer Tongue

maybe it would be better to just print the mao , take your compass and hit the trial , or join mampara !

LOL! Ok...thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully I will have my bike by the weekend and my wife's not working. Wink

This trail is a gem.

I am in Karkloof this weekend but will gladly take you out next weekend if you are keen. I am in Parkhurst.

Once you have the general just of the trail you can explore so many variations to keep it interesting.

There are also many people and clubs doing awesome work in building bridges, jumps, etc.

A few people still need to learn a bit of trail etiquette but thankfully those are few and far between. A friendly smile and a hello go a long way and guys on the trail are only too happy to point you in the right direction.

Most important thing is safety and where NOT to go.

Sweet, thanks. FYI...when we do get out there....my wife tends to take things very slowly. Bit nervous on a bike...so ja, when we do go...hope you guys have got some patience Wink

I'll take you guys this weekend if it does not rain. I'm fine with the cold.

you going , saterday or sunday?

My advice is to keep her away from a big group until she has worked up a bit of confidence.

Across the river from Hacklebrook (at Conrad/Jan Smuts) the path goes upstream. About a kay up you hit Delta Park. Perfect place to learn and get into it.

Patient is my middle name.

Hey Crazyfig,

I get on this trail at Delta Park every Saturday morning.. I don't do the whole Spruit (too time consuming) but just around Emmarentia and back.  I think the Paulshof section might be a little daunting to a newcomer, so you guys are most welcome to join me anytime.

PM me if you're interested.