Fulcrum racing Nite vs Quattro carbons

Zatek

I am in the market for new wheels but can't decide which one.

Fulcrum racing Nite - alu wheel with some magic done to the rim with Ceramic BB

Quattro - carbon wheel with a 40mm profile steel bearings

I can get both at cost but I can't decide which one.

I race at the pointy end of the field and wheel will be used for weekend rides and races.

Thanks

I have the fulcrum racing zero nites I love them, you also now get the newer shamal ultra C17 which is wider.

iam changing over to the racing zero carbon and looking for R12500 for my set which is under 1year old

Zipp 303 are better

Agree with Patch would rather stick to well known brands. There was a guy selling 303 tubbies on here a few weeks ago, R14k he let them go way too cheap...would have been a good deal.

Agree with Patch would rather stick to well known brands. There was a guy selling 303 tubbies on here a few weeks ago, R14k he let them go way too cheap...would have been a good deal.

You guys are lekker funny ne? Patch you too.

The quattro seems heavy for a 40mm wheel, the zero nights will be lighter.

Never had a bad zero, admittedly they were Eurus / Shamal, bullet proof race wheels.

Maybe a zero carbon best of both?

The quattro seems heavy for a 40mm wheel, the zero nights will be lighter.

Never had a bad zero, admittedly they were Eurus / Shamal, bullet proof race wheels.

Maybe a zero carbon best of both?

I find it hard to justify the extra R7k to ride carbon and save 40gram. I can replace my alu handlebars for R3k and save 100g.

I find it hard to justify the extra R7k to ride carbon and save 40gram. I can replace my alu handlebars for R3k and save 100g.

You could, rotating weight and all of that.

Truth, I've never had a bad Fulcrum / Campag wheel.

I had Racing Light Clinchers and rode The Stelvio, up and down they were brilliant.

Carbon Braking vs Alu is a valid question, Training vs Racing wheels with the new widths is also a consideration always having to adjust brakes.

I have a set of Eurus Tubeless and Campagnolo Bullet 50mm, just sold the bullet 50's and got some Bora 50 Clinchers.

I love climbing in the Eurus / Shamals, great all round wheel. Just suffer the Wow factor of a deep section Carbon wheel.

Hope it helps.

So now I started to think may be I should consider the Racing Zero Carbon as well.

Ok so I decided to go for the zero racing carbons.

Seeing that this is the hub, we need pics!

Just would like to thank Mike from Finishline cycles Kemptonpark. He went beyond want a normal sales person would do even some online shops as well. He helped me get my ride race ready. I really recommend Mike if you need some extra attention or some goodies.

Archived