Bicycle Frame Building Training and/or Apprenticeship

ClunkerDude

Good day Hubbers

Does anybody know of a local training course in Bicycle Frame Building, with or without maybe an apprenticeships associated with frame building? 

Clunkerdude

Good day Hubbers

Does anybody know of a local training course in Bicycle Frame Building, with or without maybe an apprenticeships associated with frame building? 

Clunkerdude

You can do a course in the UK where you build your own bike at the same time as being taught - a course you pay for, but you do get a free bike out of it - one day I plan to do this myself, but need to find the time - I have some contacts if you are interested - but it works out to about 1500GBP plus accomodation and flights.

http://www.enigmabikes.com/services/frame-building-academy/

The painter at this shop is a saffer - and several mates have bikes they built up - although it is not the only course around in the UK - there is a woman that also teaches framebuilding - and many others, all have similar costs.

Edit - the reason I like Enigma is that they also do titanium work - not many shops do ti stuff

Thanks, V12man, Zeffer and Tumbleweed.  Very useful inputs.  @V12man, planning to escape the ratrace, so I might be taking you up on your offer :-)

Bouwer Cycle Works build custom frames, Cape Town

Bouwer van Niekerk and his bikes were featured on Kwela last week. Engineer that builds the most amazing bikes in his spare time. Stainless steel mostly , no downtube . Commuter stuff and rebuilds.. French bloke showing interest. Really looked world class.

Archived