Those elusive components!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be interested, could you send me a pic?

Sure. Will do later. It is one of those aligator wind cutter rotors.

You know what I am talking about?

You need that one special component that will be like the cherry on top for your ride...but flippit, they are like a missing sock!

Right now I am looking for a red 160mm rotor that will not brake (sic) the bank...I can get affordable 140, 180 and 203 in red. Aaaaand 160mm in red....for R1500 per rotor.

I bought an affordable one from CRC with a few other bits earlier this year...but it squeals!

Tsk.

What brands have you looked at?

I have a 2008 Raleigh LTD.

The hangar broke, which costs at most R200. I couldn't find one that fits for a while, so that would have cost me a new frame. But then luckily Tony Impey Cycles came to teh rescue for R180. I was SO relieved. saved me about R18,820

for the future look here http://wheelsmfg.com/derailleur-hangers/manufacturers.html?bike_brand=6508

they not cheap as they are CNC machined but are available in SA.

Eish. Know the feeling. I've been on the lookout for a silver (and/or black) seatpost clamp. Not QR. Not bulky. They do exist, but apparently not in SA-Land.

Like this

http://www.bike-discount.de/media/org/orgb_F/orgid_155/thumbs/143038_1702964.jpg

There is a FUNN distributor in SA give them a call

Larc Distributors TEL: 086100 7436

I'm sure there was one in the classifieds the other day, going for a steal.

The bike (saw the blue 575 for sale) or a dogbone?

I have a box full of 160mm rotors as I ride 180. YOu want one?

If you're giving away rotors......please send a couple my way.

The bike (saw the blue 575 for sale) or a dogbone?

Oops :blush: Didn't read that one properly. Thought you were after the Yeti.

I see Yeti have them for sale (maybe ask the local agents to add one to there next order)

Oops :blush: Didn't read that one properly. Thought you were after the Yeti.

I see Yeti have them for sale (maybe ask the local agents to add one to there next order)

I tried they guys that used to me Morningside cycles (who were agents) but waiting for them to reply despite many follow ups became like waiting to Quintana to attack Froome in the TDF...

I tried they guys that used to me Morningside cycles (who were agents) but waiting for them to reply despite many follow ups became like waiting to Quintana to attack Froome in the TDF...

They are known to be rather useless.

I will make some inquiries.

Hey, no need to be abusive to a small Columbian by comparing him to those guys........

Archived