AC Wide Lightning on Giant Trance 2015

Connection

Hi all

Keen to get AC Wide Lightning wheelset for my 2015 Trance.  Bike specs say 15mm front axle and 135x5mm rear axle.  The specs on the wide lightning say 15mm front (so no problem there) but 10 x 135mm rear.  I am not clear on what that means and will the AC Wide Lightning work with my Trance? 

Cheers

Hi all

Keen to get AC Wide Lightning wheelset for my 2015 Trance.  Bike specs say 15mm front axle and 135x5mm rear axle.  The specs on the wide lightning say 15mm front (so no problem there) but 10 x 135mm rear.  I am not clear on what that means and will the AC Wide Lightning work with my Trance? 

Cheers

Yes, it will work. 135x10 is the larger solid axle version of the normal quick release, and fits into normal dropouts. Go measure the width of your rear dropout - it's 10mm internal. 

I had a set of rims with a 135x10 rear axle and it fitted every bike I owned before I went to thru axle bikes. 

No hassle at all.

BUT!!!

If your trance has the 142x12 Thru axle conversion on it, THEN it won't fit as that's a different axle standard, and you will need new end caps to make it fit. 

Easy way to tell is to see if the skewer threads into the dropout directly, it's a 142x12 thru axle. If the skewer threads into a nut on the derailleur side, and the skewer comes out inside the hub when you remove the wheel, then it's a normal 135x5mm rear, and will accept the 135x10 standard without a hitch.

Archived