[Event] Barberton XCM Mountain Bike Challenge

Barberton XCM MTB

Event Name: Barberton XCM Mountain Bike Challenge
When: 28 January 2017
Where: Barberton High School, Mpumulanga
Category: MTB

It's with great excitement that we celebrate our 21st year of hosting great mtb races - you are in for a treat! The longer rides have new sections through the beautiful Barberton mountains... and we all know what mountains mean... Jip - you going to climb! None the less, we are so excited to host you, your friends and family in our beautiful town. Remember, by supporting the Barberton XCM (in any way) you support charity as well as the local community.

Make a weekend of it and enjoy all our beautiful town has to offer.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay update with the latest news.

Just a tip - if you are planning on riding the Ultra or marathon - get on your bike! :)

Go to Event Page

hubevents-52010-0-58513600-1472220612_thumb.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoohoo! What colour is you bike - we have some great pics of this year. I'll find out about the caravan park and get back to you. Thanks for the support guys - much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Whoohoo! What colour is you bike - we have some great pics of this year. I'll find out about the caravan park and get back to you. Thanks for the support guys - much appreciated!

Its a big 26" full susser in plain white. Make is an MSC. Look for the green turtle on the stokers bars

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any update to my earlier question on the caravan park and ablutions? Some years back the tiny ablutions were a huge negative to the camp ground. There were also lots of thefts by crooks accessing the ground through the non-existent fence

Any update to my earlier question on the caravan park and ablutions? Some years back the tiny ablutions were a huge negative to the camp ground. There were also lots of thefts by crooks accessing the ground through the non-existent fence

Hi, we know that the caravan park is still open - however, we will not be able to tell what the situation with the crooks would be. There was no changes to the ablution blocks either. I'm going to ask around to find our for other camping spots.

Thanks again for the support.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there going to be a ride on the Sunday as mentioned online? How will that work, will you send out gpx files or something? I would be quite keen.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the Nationals have dropped the Ultra as a category- you still doing it?

HI there, my apologies for the delayed response! YES YES YES! The Ultra is tougher than ever this year!

Hi,

Is there going to be a ride on the Sunday as mentioned online? How will that work, will you send out gpx files or something? I would be quite keen.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi there, yes there will be for all the Ultra marathon pre-entrants. 

All the information will be sent to you - more info on our website: 

http://barbertonxcm.co.za/wp/pre-and-post-rides/

We hope to see you there!

I'm doing the marathon.. but would like to ride on Sunday... Why only ultra-marathoners?

Hi there,

The guys use the Ultra and the pre-and post rides to train for big stage races such as the Epic. Not all the riders who do the other distances will be able to do two days in a row in these mountains, nor have the equipment to do so. The rides are self-sustained rides, only coordinates... If you really feel that you can definitely do it you are welcome to "arrive" the morning for the ride with proof of your pre-entry - we will make a plan :)