Upshift Bike fit - Hillcrest

Veebee

What about the fit in Ballito?

Also looking for a fit but not a podium fit at R950.00.  I don't want the pics anyway.

Anybody else?

What about the fit in Ballito?

Also looking for a fit but not a podium fit at R950.00.  I don't want the pics anyway.

Anybody else?

Just looking around... Other prices are around R650, so if this is going to offer a much better fit then I will happily pay the extra 300 bucks

I had Rowland Visser do a fit for me on my MTB, very thorough and never felt he was rushing the session.

He knows his stuff, done a few Epics, 7 or so IronMan events around the world, and run I don't know how many Comrades Marathons.

I would recommend him if you live close by.

Deno in Ballito is also very good, he has just won World Champs 35-39 age group in Perth a few weeks back, so another guy who knows what he is talking about. 

Anyone can be "trained" to use equipment, but understanding the mechanics of the body and transferring that onto the bike is where the difference comes in.

That's just how I see it anyway. 

Anyone use these guys before ?

http://www.upshift.co.za/bike-fitting/

R950 sounds reasonable for what they do. But is it better to have a robot analyze you or the old school way better ?

Why not contact me directly and I'm sure you will agree that I'm not a ROBOT. Technology is there to help us get better results. To use the RETUL system one still needs to know all the old school methods. It just makes it much more accurate and reduces the human error factor. You got my details, give me a call. Cheers

I had Rowland Visser do a fit for me on my MTB, very thorough and never felt he was rushing the session.

He knows his stuff, done a few Epics, 7 or so IronMan events around the world, and run I don't know how many Comrades Marathons.

I would recommend him if you live close by.

Deno in Ballito is also very good, he has just won World Champs 35-39 age group in Perth a few weeks back, so another guy who knows what he is talking about. 

Anyone can be "trained" to use equipment, but understanding the mechanics of the body and transferring that onto the bike is where the difference comes in.

That's just how I see it anyway. 

Where is Rowland based?

Why not contact me directly and I'm sure you will agree that I'm not a ROBOT. Technology is there to help us get better results. To use the RETUL system one still needs to know all the old school methods. It just makes it much more accurate and reduces the human error factor. You got my details, give me a call. Cheers

just trying to get opinions from others... and Quinton B has given good feedback.

Didn't mean to offend anyone by saying a ROBOT does the analysis...

I have used both Spez Ballito and Deeno. I was impressed by both of the fitters. My lady had to adjust the fitment done by Deeno as it was a little too 'racey'. Deeno is very knowledgeable and a top class human being. Someone that will listen and then assist. I can say the same for the guys at Spez who do the fitting.

I don't own a Spez so no brand bias involved.

IMHO, you want a fitment where the fitter takes your personal measurements and ascertains what your personal physical limitations are. The guys at Spez do that and it helped them align my cleats properly without any guess work.

I've been to Deno twice before, first for initial set up then after a crash. Never had any issues or pain etc etc.

Have a new bike which needs some fine tuning, riding it for a month now so its time to get it dialed in.

Ballito and Hillcrest are both some distance from me so that doesn't matter, I am just looking at the options out there.

I've been to Deno twice before, first for initial set up then after a crash. Never had any issues or pain etc etc.

Have a new bike which needs some fine tuning, riding it for a month now so its time to get it dialed in.

Ballito and Hillcrest are both some distance from me so that doesn't matter, I am just looking at the options out there.

Me too.  Anyone with any other suggestions for the Durban area?

Me too.  Anyone with any other suggestions for the Durban area?

These guys maybe - https://www.facebook.com/cyclesymmetry/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item&tab=overview

edit.

See they no longer in it...

"Due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to cancel all bike fitting appointments and have no idea when I will be able to accommodate again. For a booking please contact Deno @ performance Bikefit on 083 546 1335. Thank you for your continued support."

These guys maybe - https://www.facebook.com/cyclesymmetry/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item&tab=overview

edit.

See they no longer in it...

"Due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to cancel all bike fitting appointments and have no idea when I will be able to accommodate again. For a booking please contact Deno @ performance Bikefit on 083 546 1335. Thank you for your continued support."

Yes, it's a pity Clayton has stopped fitting and shoe shimming.  Used to do a grand job.

Archived