[Event] Sanlam MTB Invitational

Rich.Carbon

Event Name: Sanlam MTB Invitational
When: 19 November 2016 - 20 November 2016
Where: Rhebokskloof Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The historic town of Paarl will again come to a virtual standstill on 19 and 20 November as residents and riders turn out for the third annual Sanlam MTB Invitational, this year presented for the first time as a 2-Day stage race. The big news this year is that, for the first time, the incredible Sanlam Invitational experience has been opened up to 300 public teams on a first come first served basis.

Presented by the City of Drakenstein and ASG, the event has become a sought after property over the past two years. It’s one of the most iconic, must-do races on the national racing calendar.

Go to Event Page

hubevents-6526-0-74837600-1475038414_thumb.jpg

After not getting an invite from my broker last year i moved all my policies over to discovery. Guess i wont get one this year either. Or maybe he should because i might send some more business his side...thats what happens when your broker is a golfer and not a mtber.

If you open it to the public, is it still an invitational?  

If you open it to the public, is it still an invitational?  

Seems both, managed to crack the list for an invite for Day 2 this year after missing out last year. Not high enough on the corporate ladder to crack an entry for the full event though  ^_^

Interesting call to have 2 very similar routes for both days, but it is a nice route. Was very enjoyable last time out.

• 3 weeks later...

Got another email where they trying to sell the event, must say it looks like it will be an amazing event, but wonder how much they affected by the Nissan event being held on the same day

• 5 weeks later...

Collected registration and race pack today.

What happened to the Columbia event jacket and Rudy Project shades we were expecting?  Neither in the race pack.

Is this a mistake, or do we collect them at the event?

Did you get an invite? Think it was only the online entries that received the extras

What happened to the Columbia event jacket and Rudy Project shades we were expecting?  Neither in the race pack.

What happened to the Columbia event jacket and Rudy Project shades we were expecting? Neither in the race pack.

Are you doing the 2 day event or just Sunday?

Leo,

I received an invite.  All the email comms from ASG make reference to a race pack containing all the goodies - except for the backpack which was an early bird special for public entries.

Skubarra,

We're doing the 2x day event.

Leo,

I received an invite. All the email comms from ASG make reference to a race pack containing all the goodies - except for the backpack which was an early bird special for public entries.

Skubarra,

We're doing the 2x day event.

Seems like a mistake then... Sure the organisers would sort it out if you let them know?

Seems like a mistake then... Sure the organisers would sort it out if you let them know?

When I got there someone asked the question, and they indicated that the "bigger" goodie bag was only for the online entries, but maybe I misheard them

if an invite from Sanlam you get the shirt and bib - only the people who paid get the full monty.  was really forward to new shades

Overall not a bad event. Good admin & organising - everything ran smoothly.

Route generally enjoyable except for the sandy bits, bottlenecks on singletracks and some of those farm road sections which felt like they'd been included to add distance. Waterpoints well located and stocked with all the right stuff...especially the one with fresh slap chips - legendary addition that was!