Holdfast Snap-On Lite?

LexieB

Has anyone had any experience with this tow-mount bike carrier?

I just need something simple to transport my bike out to where I train, and on the odd occasion, on a weekend away. I'm specifically looking for a tow ball mounted carrier because I want to avoid the hassles and potential scratches etc of any other strap mounts etc. (going onto a sedan, so I don't want to strap things to the boot)

It's come down to the Holdfast or the Thule, which are pretty much the same price. Ordinarily, I would just go for Thule because I know the brand, but I want to use my eBucks to buy it (because I'm poor and don't really have any other option!), and the Holdfast is the only one I can get this way (via Takealot)

So my question is this: is it a decent carrier that will hold my bike and do it's job, or is it not going to be as reliable/steady as the Thule?

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

I use one of those all the time, quick and easy to 'mount' and have even used it on some extended trips without any issues  :thumbup:

For short trips I don't bother with that 'lock on' thing but do lock it for longer trips.

post-271-0-18141200-1475677276_thumb.jpeg

Edited by NotSoBigBen