ewaldsadie

What makes Helderberg and Steilte so cool is that the XC track climbs generally have a lekker gradient and are easy to pedal up if you are reasonably fit, even on an enduro bike. Its a bit of a maze of trails though. I've done two enduros and two shuttle days there and still rode some tracks I'd never seen before last Sunday... 

Moridin - time for a longer fork on that bike, or maybe a trail bike? 

I made it all the way to the top for the first time 2 weeks ago and only got off the last little climb on the concrete. Just tooooo steep that last section but what i am saying is if i can make it to the top with my fat ass anyone can and then the awesome tracks down...

Can't wait for the new years membership to open...with all the *** on the wannabee trails i will move all my riding to here.

The red, to the top at the 4X4 route has improved a lot to make it rideable for riders with average skill. There used to be a difficult part in Pins And Needles coming down where the water used to cause ruts, but they have now bypassed this with a very easy trail. The Let's Flow section can still cause problems since you pick up speed there, so you just have to watch there for the water damage at the point where the berms change direction. If you make a mistake there you might lose quite a bit of skin.

Highway 61 is really so easy now, even an unskilled rider can do that fast and at the same time practice their berm riding skills.

In fact, I would grade the red as it stands now more as yellow. A few rocky drops might make it more interesting, and at the same time prepare you for the drops on the Chicken Rocks (Delilha) and other trails on the black.

Edited by Moridin