Tyres for Anthem with AC Wide Lightning

greg_sa

On 650b I'm running wtb vigilante and trailboss combo on wide lightnings. Very happy and will replace with same when required. I have only ride trail, though. At the rear even a cross mark gave me no issues at Eselfontein.

Well, I just found another review that praises the 29x2.35 Nobby Nic on a wide rim (31mm internal). Says that the cornering is very predictable.

http://www.bitingtires.com/review-2015-schwalbe-nobby-nic/25

So I'm assuming the previous negative remark on the wide rim was the 2.25 tyre ;)

I'll shortly be commenting on a 2.35 Magic Mary and Spaz Slaughter on 35mm internal rims... Stay tuned!

Try find maxxis ardent race tyres... Good at just about everything and have a nice and fat footprint

• 3 weeks later...

So I just fitted a Nobby Nic 29x2.35 to the front (ordered from CRC) and a Rocket Ron 29x2.25 rear.

Was quite a pain to fit... The tires are quite loose on the AC Wide Lightning rims. I could slip them onto the rim by hand quite easily.

Getting the beads to seat in the channel with a floor pump... no luck. With a compressor (and valve inner removed, I managed to get the Nobby Nic on. For the Rocket Ron, I had to fit a tube to get the bead to seat, then pop the one side's bead out and remove the tube, and reinflate.

Still need to take a proper ride :D

So I just fitted a Nobby Nic 29x2.35 to the front (ordered from CRC) and a Rocket Ron 29x2.25 rear.

Was quite a pain to fit... The tires are quite loose on the AC Wide Lightning rims. I could slip them onto the rim by hand quite easily.

Getting the beads to seat in the channel with a floor pump... no luck. With a compressor (and valve inner removed, I managed to get the Nobby Nic on. For the Rocket Ron, I had to fit a tube to get the bead to seat, then pop the one side's bead out and remove the tube, and reinflate.

Still need to take a proper ride :D

Same here ... Nobby NIC 2.35 on Wide Lightning. Front went on relatively easy and seated with a floor pump, but the Rocket Ron at the back had to put tube in, get 1 side done and remove and then the other side only got seated with floorpump.

Used bombs in the past when too lazy to use the tube trick.

And the Ron is weeping hectic, tyre is covered in sealant on the outside on the tread ... previous one also did the same. The Nobby seems alot better.

Cool, at least I know it wasn't me doing a bad job.

The front tire is a beast :)

Had a quick ride today - loads more grip and much plusher ride. The extra rubber feels like soaks up the small bumps nicely.

Archived