Camber 29 vs Silverback SIDO 3 - starter Full Susser?

flamer

Some advice pls from the experts:

I wanna buy my 70 y/o father his first MTB. Given his age I want a comfortable full suspension bike. Something for gentle trails offroad.

It seems the entry level bikes are in the early 20-25 grand range. I don't really want to spend more. So far I have found the outgoing (2016) Camber 29 and Silverback SIDO 3. I see there is also the Giant Stance 2. I think he'd be happy with any of those, but if anyone has ridden all or any of them, advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

I have introduced my 76y old dad to cycling recently. Don't think that the fact that you are more knowledgeable means that you will have the last say. 70y olds have their own opinions...

For that kind of money you can buy an excellent SECOND HAND bike.

You are likely to spend on a "touring" saddle. Also look for a upright sitting position - older backs don't flex that well.

The Camber if I must choose.

Some advice pls from the experts:

I wanna buy my 70 y/o father his first MTB. Given his age I want a comfortable full suspension bike. Something for gentle trails offroad.

It seems the entry level bikes are in the early 20-25 grand range. I don't really want to spend more. So far I have found the outgoing (2016) Camber 29 and Silverback SIDO 3. I see there is also the Giant Stance 2. I think he'd be happy with any of those, but if anyone has ridden all or any of them, advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

As above.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately the Camber was sold out in my dad's size, so went with the SIDO 3 - I've taken it for a quick spin - fantastic bike...and great spec for the price - rocshox air suspension, deore shifting all for just over 20K!

Dad is stoked :)