The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three more bridge to the leaders to make six out front, including Lars Boom and Stijn Vandenbergh. But there are others who don't want to miss out, and another group has clipped off in pursuit.

The six chasers joined up with the leaders to make a group of 12 out front, and that looks like our break of the day, with a decent advantage over the peloton being opened up already

Here's the make-up of the 12-rider breakaway

Lars Boom (LottoNL-Jumbo), Stijn Vandenbergh (AG2R-La Mondiale), Mads Wurtz Schmidt (Katusha-Alpecin), Tim Ariesen (Roompot), Nikita Stalnov (Astana), Michal Paluta (CCC Sprandi Polkowice), Brendan Canty (Cannondale-Drapac), Johann Van Zyl (Dimension Data), Kenneth Van Rooy (Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise), Pieter Van Speybrouck (Wanty-Groupe Gobert), Vincenzo Albanese (Bardiani-CSF), Fabien Grellier (Direct Energie).

Three more bridge to the leaders to make six out front, including Lars Boom and Stijn Vandenbergh. But there are others who don't want to miss out, and another group has clipped off in pursuit.

Dale I took the plunge on the scalpel by the way. Upgrading most of the bike. Can't wait to get it next week. Thanks for your help

Awesome news ????

After 14 years, there's the return of the women's Amstel race.

The women are doing 121km and for them the Cauberg will be the final climb before a short run to the line. That gets underway at 10:40 local time.

That's a sizeable break in the men's race.

Will make for interesting racing.

261 kms of the hilliest terrain around the Netherlands and its fringes.

That's a sizeable break in the men's race.

Will make for interesting racing.

261 kms of the hilliest terrain around the Netherlands and its fringes.

there are hills in holland?[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are hills in holland?[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a few... ????

We're a shade over an hour into the race with 45km and four climbs already on the clock. The first appearance of the Cauberg is coming soon, after 55 kilometres, and shortly afterwards the riders will cross the finish line for the first time before setting out on the first of a couple of different loops.

We're a shade over an hour into the race with 45km and four climbs already on the clock. The first appearance of the Cauberg is coming soon, after 55 kilometres, and shortly afterwards the riders will cross the finish line for the first time before setting out on the first of a couple of different loops.

In the men's race:

The lead has swelled out to 7:30 as Lotto Soudal and Sunweb take the reins in the bunch.

165km remaining from 264.6km

The gap is starting to come down, with the 12 leaders now seven minutes up the road. Lotto Soudal and Sunweb are still prominent forces in the bunch.