The Classics

'Dale

Interested to see how those 3 got away.. heard something about a pile up?

SAGZ just missing that last bit.. distance got to him.. but it's all a building phase..

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

????????????

Our man in Flanders Brecht Decaluwe has some interesting news from the Trek-Segafredo team bus. Directeur sportif Dirk Demol is seeking out the commissaires to query the result. He said that riders were warned they would be excluded if they went off the road to ride on the pavement, rather than riding across the cobbles. According to Demol, while his team, including fourth-placed Fabio Felline, adhered rigorously to the directive, the three leaders did not... Demol is reportedly going to inquiry whether the race jury will revise the result accordingly... Watch this space...

Source: Cyclingnews

Did Degenkolb ride or is he still in the desert?

Sagan said that a small error in the sprint finish had not been the cause of his defeat. Instead, Sagan explained that he simply didn’t have the legs to move past winner Greg Van Avermaet (BMC), having done a lot of work in the break and suffering a touch of cramp in the final kilometres.

Cyclingnews

Sagan said that a small error in the sprint finish had not been the cause of his defeat. Instead, Sagan explained that he simply didn’t have the legs to move past winner Greg Van Avermaet (BMC), having done a lot of work in the break and suffering a touch of cramp in the final kilometres.

Cyclingnews

That was such a funny interview ha ha ha.. only he can get away with thing like that.

Sags form looks good.. had to chase hard to bridge .. worked hard in the group..just missing the legs at the end..sure he is happy so far.

That was such a funny interview ha ha ha.. only he can get away with thing like that.

Sags form looks good.. had to chase hard to bridge .. worked hard in the group..just missing the legs at the end..sure he is happy so far.

He was a force of nature up the hellingen hey

Main aggressor for the day

What a bike rider

And Kuurne Brussels Kuurne is a go

And I am off to Potch to take my son to provincial HP training..[emoji17]

937f456b74bea0540fe66e1ae80e952e.jpg

190km remaining from 200.7km

Lawrence Naesen (WB Veranclassic Aqua Protect), Mark McNally (Wanty-Groupe Gobert), Benoit Jarrier (Fortuneo-Vital Concept), Julien Stassen (WB Veranclassic Aqua Protect), Jonas Rickaert (Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise), Berden de Vries (Roompot), Timothy Stevens (Pauwels Sauzen-Vastgoedservice) and Jimmy Janssens (Cibel-Cibon) are dangling just ahead of the peloton during these early exchanges. - CN text commentary.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

I think he is just a bit fed up at people expecting him to win each race he enters. Very entertaining interviewee in general but yesterday he seemed rather unimpressed with the interviewer's line of questioning. Only he could get away with doing that for sure.

Van Avermaet rode a smart race and won it fair and square. Personally I think both Sagan and Vanmarcke were keeping their powder dry for the bigger races. But it sure was good racing.

Quick-Step Floors manager Patrick Lefevere offered some more details on Tom Boonen’s illness at the start in Kuurne. Boonen was ruled out of Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne shortly before the start due to stomach problems. “It’s unfortunate that Boonen has to miss the race, but in these circumstances there was no choice,” Lefevere said. “It’s possible that Boonen picked up the virus at home because his twins have had similar problems.” - CN text commentary.

151km remaining from 200.7km

It's little wonder we haven't had a successful breakaway attempt thus far. The peloton has covered a blistering 48.5 kilometres in the first hour of racing.

134km remaining from 200.7km

Alexis Gougeard (Ag2r La Mondiale) tries another attack on the approach to the day's second climb, the Onkerzele berg. This time he has Jurgen Roelandts (Lotto Soudal) for company, and they are joined by Antoine Duchesne (Direct Energie), Guillaume Boivin (Israel Cycling Academy), Alex Kirsch (WB Veranclassic Aqua Protect) and Sjoerd van Ginneken (Roompot).

The break has a lead of four minutes.

The nine escapees are: Alexis Gougeard (Ag2r La Mondiale), Jurgen Roelandts (Lotto Soudal), Antoine Duchesne (Direct Energie), Guillaume Boivin (Israel Cycling Academy), Alex Kirsch (WB Veranclassic Aqua Protect), Sjoerd van Ginneken (Roompot), David Boucher (Pauwels sauzen – Vastgoedservice), Sander Cordeel (Vérandas Willems-Crelan) and Maxime Farazijn (Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise).