what gps hr monitor to buy

seanrcb

So here's my problem I have a limited budget (around 1500) little more if Santa agrees after submitting 3 quotes I'm looking to get a GPS heart rate monitor.

- must be ant+ to pair with lezyne super gps

-Prefer GPS for occasional run

More than likely used due to budget constraints unless someone has awesome specails coming up

Currently looking at Garmin fr15 - most recent model in price range as well as FR70 with foot pod (possible upgrade speed and cadence at later date)

Also considering older FR 210 and FR410

So hubland any opinions on what i should get

Try to get a FR 610/620 used, maybe place a wanted add in the classifieds section.  I would probably have let my old 620 go for R1500 if the SO hadn't gotten into cycling and nicked it this year.  She currently has it wrapped around a rubber handlebar mount on her roadie, synced with HR and speed/cadence sensor.  The touch screen actually works a lot better on the bike than it does while running

Using a FR15 for cycling and running is doable, but it is a slight pain, I'm currently doing that and all you have to do is change your activity to ride after you have uploaded on strava and then have it recalculate your personal bests and achievements and so on.

The watch itself gives basic information,have it strapped to my wrist and mainly use it for my heart rate and for the GPS, speed and distance I check on my El cheapo cycling computer. Don't believe it pairs with the Garmin Speed and Cadence sensors though. . .

For running, when all you want is the basics and GPS, it's great. However, for cycling I presume a dedicated cycling computerror or a multi-sport watch would do better.

However, for budget it will work, unless you want to go 2nd hand.

Oh, and battery life on FR15 is not so good, 4.5 hours or so from fully charged. Which is more than enough for running occasionally, but for a long ride, not so much.

Any hubbers using the Garmin FR 410 I quite like this but have read reviews that the touch bezel cam be a problem the watch will hopefully soon become my everyday watch and running monitor HR strap and lezyne super GPS on bike

Get one of the 310xt's for sale in the classifieds, will bet the best value for buck.

Nothing else compares

Archived