Wheels Manufacturing Bottom Brackets

Titanium Rocket

Can anyone comment on the BBs made by Wheels Manufacturing, recently become available online at CWC?

• Price for the BB 62/92 Shimano pressfit version is R790, versus about R675 for genuine XTR equivalent.
  • Subjective question I know, but are they more durable than Shimano?

Seems Wheels Manufacturing is quite a big name in the US, but appreciate any local opinion please.

I have been using a Wheels PF30 BB for about 2 years now. I have a SRAM groupset and the standard SRAM BB was pretty crap to be honest.

The nice thing about wheels is that the bearing is serviceable and you can replace the bearings instead of replacing the entire BB when the time comes.

One of my best purchases over the past 3 years! I have had zero issues with my Wheels BB

Replaceable bearings instead of the whole bb......win. Better quality and loads of different types to sort the crank compatibility problems. screw together pf30 bearings and machined aluminum cups. Just all round a better buy in the long run. Running them on two different bike and won't go back to sram or shimano again for a bb

Also just recently replaced my Sram PF30 with their Threaded PF30 BB after I had to 2 bottom brackets fail on me in less than 3000 km. 

Can't vouch for reliability yet, but as the previous poster said, replaceable bearing FTW, and anything will be better than a nylon/plastic cup with tiny bearings that rides on plastic seals between the bearing and crank spindle. I can't get my head around the abomination that is PF30 BB. I would really like to hear what an engineer would have to say about its design one day.

Recently fitted a FP30 for gxp crank. Very impressed with concept and quality. Miles better than OEM Sram