MTBing in Hoedspruit area - looking for trails.

Paul Ruinaard

Hi All, will be in Hoedspruit from 2 to 9 January and was hoping to find some MTB trails as we are in the Klaserie and riding in there will be fun as its big 5 country. I was hoping for an MTB trail.

I found some stuff on Strava but it looks like a private estate. Plus there is Mariepskop. But other than that I cant find anything thta looks  like a public MTB trail.

Any ideas?

• 7 months later...

Hi All, will be in Hoedspruit from 2 to 9 January and was hoping to find some MTB trails as we are in the Klaserie and riding in there will be fun as its big 5 country. I was hoping for an MTB trail.

I found some stuff on Strava but it looks like a private estate. Plus there is Mariepskop. But other than that I cant find anything thta looks  like a public MTB trail.

Any ideas?

Hi Paul, 

We'll be in the same area for a weekend in September. May I ask which trails/routes did you take in the end?

S-MvN

Unfortunately there is not much in terms of public cycling bike parks in the area, however there is a fantastic development happening in the area which I am involved in and we will be launching October 2017. Its all hush hush at the moment, but as an avid cyclist all I can say is that it will be at least a 20km route, and in proper lowveld bush. Will keep thehub posted on the developments. 

Archived