New SA U23 Development Team

Cal Naughton Jr.

Hi Hubbers!

2017 will see a new kit in the South African bunch! Somewhere in a race near you (mostly the Cape, though) you might spot some u23 laaities in these colours darting up the road or wreaking havoc in the bunch (we are laaities after all :whistling: ).

Below is our Facebook announcement of our team, riders, and goals. Head over to our Twitter profile and Facebook page, Retweet/Share and you could win a set of our kit! We'd really like to grow our social media presence and BikeHub members have always been very supportive of the younger generation, so we'll greatly appreciate your interaction.

.:: 2017 TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT ::.

It is with much excitement that we present to you Team LEADout Aspire! Assisted by LEADout Sport, the team takes the shape of an u23 development team. Our main aim and focus will be to facilitate the local growth and development of LEADout managed and/or coached athletes - as well as creating a competitive environment that stimulates aggressive racing. We do not plan to merely be a part of racing; instead we shall strive to make the racing.

LEADout Aspire is a team functioning as an extension to LEADout - an "A-Team" of sort for young riders aspiring to race in the European Pro peloton. The best part? The team is managed entirely by the team members themselves. From sponsor negotiations to kit orders, all is handled by the riders! "A team for the riders, by the riders."

The team is fully committed to the best interests of its members; i.e. providing the best possible local platform for them to prepare for their European and international cycling aspirations. All riders on the team will be spending part of their year racing in Europe on our own accord. Whilst we have aspirations in Europe, we still enter any race with the goal of winning it.

Well, who are we? Without further ado:
- Greg "Rex" De Vink
- Jarrod "J Rod" Hattingh
- Byron "Mutty" Munton
- Damean "East Coast" Oosthuizen
- Devin "Shorty" Shortt
- Wian-David "Barista" Slabbert
- Aidan "Not-Related-To-Morne" van Niekerk
- Morne "Panzerwagen" van Niekerk
- Ivan "Big Blade" Venter

| Mission |
Facilitate the local development of young riders to enable them to reach their European aspirations.

| Vision |
Be a small stepping stone in the careers of young South African Riders.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

- Call for sponsorship
We are currently searching for sponsors and partners to assist us with our South African ventures. We are not asking for hand-outs, instead we would like to establish partnerships that leave all parties satisfied.

We already have an agreement with a sponsor to cover entry fees, but are in search of the following:
- Cash sponsors (covering the cost of kit and minor travelling expenses)
- Clothing Partner
- Additional supplements partner (eg. energy bars)
- Casual Wear partner
- Bike Maintenance (servicing, lubricants, etc.)
- Open to all offers!

What we can offer:
We do have extensive real estate space on our very sleek kit (see photo) to offer certain sponsors. Additionally, each rider has been on either a reputable domestic/European team or has a personal sponsor of sort, so we understand the importance of brand representation and social media engagement. Being a team of millennials, we plan to grow the team's social media in order to give our sponsors maximum exposure and interact with the cycling community.

For all equiries, please email: aidan@teamleadoutaspire.com
(or contact any of the team riders directly).

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh579/aidanvn13/leadoutjerseymedium_zps3vmbbcpq.png

Edited by Cal Naughton Jr.

I see the LEADout boys will be racing in Belgium later this year. What is the schedule for your kermesse involvement and where will you be based?

This is going to be cool! Hope a few do well.