Sunninghill area... road and MTB

Rhodent

After a few weeks of bashing around on the east Rand, the wife and I have settled into our place in Sunninghill (as of today).

Given that my priorities are in order if left her to unpack while I ask the most important questions:

Where, when, how and what can I do on my bike(s) out here?

I know about PWC and Modders and Northern Farm etc, more looking for info on outrides and decent distance.

Need to get my fitness back on track as soon as possible.

The wife is also a total newbie so any suggestions on what may suit her would also be great!

TIA!!

MTB - You have the spruit right on your doorstep. Just ride down Witkoppen till the dip just past N1 onramp and eep an eye out for trail

Road - suggest you join a club. Cyclelab is in forways so not far. In summer they roll at 6 on Sat for club ride

Great thanks!

Is the spruit safe to do alone?

Cyclelab is an option but i usually coach on Saturday mornings ????

Spruit is fine alone. Start in Sunninghill and follow it all the way to the top of Alberts Farm. Round trip 52km.

Else turnaround when you need to. A lekker ride. Free

I am in Sunninghill (for now) and we have a morning ride on Tues and Thurs leaving at 5:15 from cnr Witk and Main.. We are generally back around 7. Takes me 15mins from Sunninghill..

Tag along, as long as you can manage the banter. Pace is around 17 - 18km/h

The whatsapp group we will leave for later...

I stay in Sunninghill and only seen a few lone rangers in the morning. I do a couple of loops around the area. If we could get a few more involved then would be pretty cool

Thanks for the advice!

I wanted to give the spruit a try this morning, got on at witkoppen but the residents under the N1 didn't seem to happy that I was crashing their New Years party so aborted that fast...

Ended up just exploring the area on the road and then taking the pooch for a run... so not all is lost!

Does the spruit trail continue on the opposite side of witkoppen from the N1? I went down there for a while...reached some horse stables... but it was very overgrown and I definitely felt like I shouldn't have been there...

Thanks - is this on the road or MTB?

Weekday mornings probably won't work for me for the most part but when I can make it I will!

I am in Sunninghill (for now) and we have a morning ride on Tues and Thurs leaving at 5:15 from cnr Witk and Main.. We are generally back around 7. Takes me 15mins from Sunninghill..

Tag along, as long as you can manage the banter. Pace is around 17 - 18km/h

The whatsapp group we will leave for later...

If you not happy to join spruit under the N1 then ride up to Cowley and join the spruit there. That is, go up Rivonia Rd and turn right into Cowley and follow down to spruit

By far the safer and more sensible option... 

If you not happy to join spruit under the N1 then ride up to Cowley and join the spruit there. That is, go up Rivonia Rd and turn right into Cowley and follow down to spruit

pop into Cycloworx at cambrige crossing on witkoppen. They have mtb and road rides for different abilities.  they have midweek rides as well.

Archived