[Event] Midnight Express

Events Bot

Event Name: Midnight Express
When: 8 April 2017
Where: Steytlerville, Eastern Cape, Eastern Cape
Category: MTB

If the thought of riding a mountain bike through the beautiful and star studded Karoo at night appeals to you …

If the thought of seeing something new for the 1st time and experiencing the Poort as the sun rises is appealing … Read on:

If you are looking for a challenge and something that is achievable for the average Mountain biker ... If you believe you can do 135km in 12 hours with total elevation being less than 2000m … Read on

If you are looking for an event which is affordable at R595 and we have a No Hassle Car Transport package ... Midnight Express is for you.

Here’s how it works … Plan your trip to arrive in Steytlerville before 11pm on Friday 7th of April. It’s only a 2 hour drive from PE. Once you arrive you do a quick registration, grab some Red Bulls and strong coffee and wait on your bike for the midnight start.

Enjoy the pedal on fast gravel roads and you should get to the Poort waterhole at daybreak. You now only have 30km to go so enjoy the climb out the Poort. The last 20km are mostly a descent but there are a few sharp climbs, so just be aware. It also tends to be a bit rough, so you could let your tyre pressures down a bit to make a smoother ride. The town of Patensie and the orange orchards await.

Breakfast is served and prize giving and lucky draws will follow. Head for home and have a Saturday afternoon nap ...

Go to www.midnightexpress.co.za for all the info and how to enter.

Entries are limited so ENTER NOW!!!

Go to Event Page

ME img01.png

ME img03.png

ME img04.png

MidExp header.png

• 2 months later...