Attakwas on Tandems - for Wild Animal Rescue - bringing our cats back home!

Chris NewbyFraser

I believe that, when riding a bike to raise money or awareness for a cause, the event should be something exceptionally difficult, something that really challenges the rider and puts them deep into a zone that they do not want to go near............unless there is a benefit in it somewhere.

The Attakwas is vicious and well worth doing! Attakwas on a tandem is a feat of bravery. 2 x 60something riders on a tandem doing Attakwas is an insane challenge. Several tandem teams of fossils of various ages is a CAUSE. certifiably so.....

Because the Atta is such a hard bastard to do, perhaps it would have the right ingredients to attract donations. Would any tandem teams out there be prepared to do the Atta and help raise funds for the Four Paws Wild Animal Rescue movement. You may have seen the programs on Tv, especially the ones where they bring Lions, Leopards, Tigers etc to SA and shelter them at Lions Rock and other wild animal sanctuaries.

If I get a response, I will contact this organisation and start a cause rolling. No point in speaking to them if I have nothing to offer.