Matchmaker for Avid Elixir & Shimano SLX

Mintman

Hi everyone,

I've got Avid Elixir CR brakes that combined with Sram X7 shifters.

I've converted to 1 x 10 and want to replace the rear shifter with a Shimano SLX. But there's an issue with not being able to use my existing clamp. Apparently they're not so easy to get hold of either.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks

Pic just shows current clamp with sram x7 shifter.

post-103872-0-15255800-1487928683_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mintman

This is what you are looking for.

Evobikes are selling them. Not cheap, though.

Called: 

PROBLEM SOLVERS MISMATCH ADAPTER 2

problem_solvers_2.jpg

Edited by Wannabe

Wannabe has the answer. My question is why would you want to switch from SRAM to Shimano?

:ph34r:

One reason is that the shimano rear derailleur has a clutch and the shifter is in better condition.

But truth be told, it was the trouble I had shifting. It would just get so out of sync shifting up. I actually converted from 3x10 to 1x10 hoping it might be better. But the problem came back. Had my lbs look at it and he said it had something to do with the cable. I could try and describe the issue but would only humiliate myself.

P.S. I've also had SLX shifters for ages and loved them.

Hi everyone,

I've got Avid Elixir CR brakes that combined with Sram X7 shifters.

I've converted to 1 x 10 and want to replace the front shifter with a Shimano SLX. But there's an issue with not being able to use my existing clamp. Apparently they're not so easy to get hold of either.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks

Pic just shows current clamp with sram x7 shifter.

If you have converted to 1 x 10 you dont need a front shiffter? 

If you have converted to 1 x 10 you dont need a front shiffter? 

Sorry Coenie, quite right. I made a boo boo. It's the rear shifter for the cassette.

One reason is that the shimano rear derailleur has a clutch and the shifter is in better condition.

But truth be told, it was the trouble I had shifting. It would just get so out of sync shifting up. I actually converted from 3x10 to 1x10 hoping it might be better. But the problem came back. Had my lbs look at it and he said it had something to do with the cable. I could try and describe the issue but would only humiliate myself.

P.S. I've also had SLX shifters for ages and loved them.

If it runs out it's either time for a new cable and housing or the hanger is bent.

I'm also a SRAM fanboi, so take anything I say about Shi(t)mano with a handful of salt.

They said that the end cap that fits the cable to the frame has a strange shape. It's thin at the end and so I think the cable was being pulled or the wire sheath of the cable was being pulled some way. He fiddled with it and hoped to have fixed the issue. I'm testing it out now and it has been better. But I did have some issues this morning. 

My opinion of Sram isn't credible cos this issue isn't a problem with the x7 shifter (as I had thought it was). And I have only used SLX before this setup. As long as my gears shift nicely and don't need constant tweaking then I'll buy any brand.