2017 Tirreno Adriatico 8-14 March

Cav'

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/tirreno-adriatico/photos/stage-03/161235_GMD_2015.jpg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/tirreno-adriatico/photos/stage-03/161236_f7f85188-cd03-438d-b5d4-02b8be83bde6.jpg

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/tirreno-adriatico/photos/stage-03/161350_GMD_2025.jpg

Dominant climbing display by Quintana ????????

Beautiful finalè

GC leader by 33 seconds

Dominant climbing display by Quintana

Beautiful finalè

GC leader by 33 seconds

"Emphatic" also leaps to mind

This stage has, of course, turned the GC topsy-turvy.

Here is how it looks now:

1 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team 16:34:46

2 Adam Yates (GBr) Orica-Scott 0:00:33

3 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) FDJ 0:00:56

4 Jonathan Castroviejo (Spa) Movistar Team 0:01:01

5 Rohan Dennis (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:01:06

6 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Sunweb 0:01:19

7 Primoz Roglic (Slo) Team LottoNl-Jumbo

8 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky 0:01:23

9 Daniel Moreno (Spa) Movistar Team 0:01:27

10 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:01:29

Sagan has no respect for the traditions of cycling. Has he never heard of the curse of the rainbow jersey? I mean really it's just not right.

SAAAAAAGAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And at 27 he hasn't even peaked yet[emoji6]

Meanwhile....

World champion Amalie Dideriksen won a four-up sprint in Hoogeveen on Saturday to stand on the top step of the Ronde van Drenthe podium. The Dane was part of a late race escape that broke away from an elite selection that formed following the third and final ascent of the VAMberg, the Dutch Classic's defining man-made climb.

Quintana had no real challengers, Nibali only kept his team on the front so he didn't disappear out the back to quickly and the pace was slow, they were not doing any damage, two thirds up Nibali was gone, Aru was gone, Dennis was gone, Landa was gone and Pinot was holding on by his finger nails,Thomas was good but he is not in the same climbers league, so no other real climbers to challenge Quintana.

Frankly with the level of climbing competition he had, he should have won by minutes.      

Quintana had no real challengers, Nibali only kept his team on the front so he didn't disappear out the back to quickly and the pace was slow, they were not doing any damage, two thirds up Nibali was gone, Aru was gone, Dennis was gone, Landa was gone and Pinot was holding on by his finger nails,Thomas was good but he is not in the same climbers league, so no other real climbers to challenge Quintana.

Frankly with the level of climbing competition he had, he should have won by minutes.

This is still early days

Main peak for the Colombian mountain goat is June-July

He's looking good and well on track ????

We have one prominent DNS today: Astana has announced that Fabio Aru ‘”suffered of a tracheobronchial acute bronchitis with fever. Therefore it was decided not to start today for the 5th stage.

We have two more DNS today. Team Novo Nordisk reports that Charles Pllanet and Romain Gioux have been struck down by intestinal problems.

Archived