Sani2C Commuting Challenge

cat-i

I will be about 38 km short on the distance and I said from the start I will not be able to get the climb done on my commutes.  Had a bad start to the week but doing three days in a row is a get step forward for me so relatively early in the season.

If tommorows ride in the rain works out then the platform is set to get my milage up for the 2017 commuters challange.

Good on you for making the effort. I wouldn't have been able to do the distance or ascent without using all 5 days. On my road bike maybe, but I'm not suicidal.

I'm just hoping that it doesn't rain tomorrow. That won't be the most pleasant way to complete the challenge.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sani2C Commuting Challenge day 4: 243 km and 3659m ascent. Just arrived at Waterpoint 2 of day 3. 

At JoBerg2C 2 years ago they had chicken strips with mayonaise dip here ... my riding partner was sick with some tummy bug so while he was mixing rehydrate I had a whole bucket of strips.

Aww the Sani2C challenge on Endomondo ended at 2 this morning - didn't check the end time when I created it. Googled a bit, and it looks like you can't extend the challenge once it finished. Endomondo recommends creating a new challenge ... 

K, created a new challenge . The only way to invite people on Endomondo is if you're friends there, or by sharing the link ... 

so here's the new link.

https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/33064788

Oh well - that was one of the things I wanted to see - how to set up and manage a challenge there.

Edited the link ... the 'new' challenge also expired already even though I checked the time. This link here expires tomorrow so it should work...

K, created a new challenge . The only way to invite people on Endomondo is if you're friends there, or by sharing the link ... 

so here's the new link.

https://www.endomondo.com/challenges/33064351

Oh well - that was one of the things I wanted to see - how to set up and manage a challenge there.

I've clicked on the link but can't seem to join the challenge anywhere?

Oops.  Can't join as well.  Not too worry. I still got me motivated for the week.  It rained this morning but quess what,  I gave the weather a bird and got on my bike and commuted in rain.  Have extra dry kit with me.  It was fantastic.

I was amazed at how good I felt this morning. My legs were burning on all the uphills, but otherwise it was an ok ride!

Oops.  Can't join as well.  Not too worry. I still got me motivated for the week.  It rained this morning but quess what,  I gave the weather a bird and got on my bike and commuted in rain.  Have extra dry kit with me.  It was fantastic.

I checked that it's not private, but can't see any settings that's different from the previous one.

Anyway, nothing exciting happens there when you completed the challenge (*cough, cough*)- I expected some fireworks, or at least maybe a little star next to your name.

I checked that it's not private, but can't see any settings that's different from the previous one.

Anyway, nothing exciting happens there when you completed the challenge (*cough, cough*)- I expected some fireworks, or at least maybe a little star next to your name.

Damn! I feel cheated  <_<

Oh well, I know that in 15,2kms I would've completed the challenged. I'll even match the ascent.

I'm happy with that  :)

Oh well, I know that in 15,2kms I would've completed the challenged. I'll even match the ascent.

SORRY!!!

Created another one ... here:

the previous link also already expired ... clearly I need more time to work out how this works.

Anyway - this new link should work - especially for you to make you feel un-cheated!

Well done.

SORRY!!!

the previous link also already expired ... clearly I need more time to work out how this works.

Anyway - this new link should work - especially for you to make you feel un-cheated!

Oops - it also expired ...

Nancy would you be able to see if you can create the challenge for us? Doesn't look like I have a talent for this

SORRY!!!

I still like the idea and think we should setup similar challanges with some of the events comming up in the year.  Maybe even a TDF challenge or so.

I have a goal of clocking 7500 km for the year and it all helps to chip away on that goal.

Compared to last year this time I am only 400 km ahead so I better start pulling my finger.

Congrats!!!!!

I ended with 217km. Congrats to all that made it. I am in for similar challenges in future although I will skip the EPIC challenge!

Thanks I enjoyed this. 

Archived