Manual a Drop

AlanD

Is that like a little skills section to go practice? Is the smaller one easy?

Yes. Skills section and there are also jump track and one with wooden berms.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dropping is the easy part, gravity does most of the work, you just have to go over the edge. As for the landing, go for a skills course with Peach!!

Dropping is the easy part, gravity does most of the work, you just have to go over the edge. As for the landing, go for a skills course with Peach!!

That was the lesson with Peach and the only reason I actually did the drop and he pointed out to float the front and that is what I needed to practice. Granted, I think that was my first or second attempt and did that drop like six times, each of which my heart pounded so fast that my Fenix HR almost exploded....lol

I find it's mostly the fear of suddenly having the wheel on the ground and then suddenly there is no ground and you just drop, like doing a ride at the theme park where your insides tumble and turn...that's what takes getting used to

That was the lesson with Peach and the only reason I actually did the drop and he pointed out to float the front and that is what I needed to practice. Granted, I think that was my first or second attempt and did that drop like six times, each of which my heart pounded so fast that my Fenix HR almost exploded....lol

I find it's mostly the fear of suddenly having the wheel on the ground and then suddenly there is no ground and you just drop, like doing a ride at the theme park where your insides tumble and turn...that's what takes getting used to

Ahhhh I see. Things get better/easier the more you practice, just take the pointers and practice them. A few years back I was nervous doing a 30cm drop. Now I get uncomfortable at about 1m rolling drop with the mtb and 1.8m static with the trials bike. The more you ride the easier it gets not to die.

Ahhhh I see. Things get better/easier the more you practice, just take the pointers and practice them. A few years back I was nervous doing a 30cm drop. Now I get uncomfortable at about 1m rolling drop with the mtb and 1.8m static with the trials bike. The more you ride the easier it gets not to die.

lol..Not to die...this is what I strive for on each ride I get to do.

Is that like a little skills section to go practice? Is the smaller one easy?

Yes it is.

The smaller drop you can just ride over even on a 26" MTB.

Go a bit faster and the drop becomes a bit higher but still quite easy to get confidence on.

The higher drop plays with your mind because you do not see the bottom till close to the edge.

If you can do the small drop well then the higher one should be doable.

Keep in mind when doing drops to try and match the landing and consider where you're heading. If you're too far back and land heavy on the back wheel on a fast down slope, you need some weight on the front wheel to steer.

Archived