Dropper post...Internal, or External???

CASSIE1975

What you need is OneUp's new dropper post. You can set the drop for the full extension of the post. Will be ordering one soon when back in stock as I also have shorter legs and most 150-170mm post won't work for me.

Yes, saw those, and they are definitely an option! Just depends on SA pricing (haven't seen any yet).

Edit: Although, from their website, it says the min. extension on the 150mm is 187mm, still more than what I have (unless I'm interpreting that wrong).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, saw those, and they are definitely an option! Just depends on SA pricing (haven't seen any yet).

Order online from their website. Free shipping!

Just waiting till the 14th when it's back in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lyslexic,

(IF I WANTED TO GO AHEAD) --- I had to go with the INTERNAL Routed dropper post.

I have not changed yet, but I would like to go with Internal one day.

Here is the LYNE installation video on Youtube - it might give you more info and what is needed to go ahead with the installation and also if you have a "hole" into your frame for the internal dropper, maybe a FD cable hole, or similar...let me know what you decide and maybe add some pics on here if you are going to change (to help other Hubbers)...dropper posts just makes life a lot easier, especially downhill and a few technical stuff...I realize it every weekend!!!

Good luck.

UPDATE -  I ordered a Brand X dropper post from CRC which arrived today. 27.2 internal.

BAD NEWS - I needed external. My gear cables are internal but there's no hole in my seat post tube for the cable to get out :(

GOOD NEWS - I am going to drill a hole and route the cable via the internal routing. (Have upgraded to 1X so can use the front derailleur route.

BETTER NEWS - MY Seat Height is 130mm and that is exactly the same as the dropper post.  I think they Lyne needed something like 173 so that would never worked.

Will update with pics after i am done.  

UPDATE -  I ordered a Brand X dropper post from CRC which arrived today. 27.2 internal.

BAD NEWS - I needed external. My gear cables are internal but there's no hole in my seat post tube for the cable to get out :(

GOOD NEWS - I am going to drill a hole and route the cable via the internal routing. (Have upgraded to 1X so can use the front derailleur route.

BETTER NEWS - MY Seat Height is 130mm and that is exactly the same as the dropper post.  I think they Lyne needed something like 173 so that would never worked.

Will update with pics after i am done.  

Thanx for the update, sounds like you have everything under control  :thumbup:

What was the final price like for the Dropper you got?

Yes please post some pics when you are done...and also any review on the dropper post after a few rides.

Thanx for the update, sounds like you have everything under control  :thumbup:

What was the final price like for the Dropper you got?

Yes please post some pics when you are done...and also any review on the dropper post after a few rides.

Will defo post pics.

Just trying to source a small rubber grommet to pop into the drilled hole.

Final price was between R2100 and R2200. R15xx for the dropper, R220 for Vat and the most painful part... R420 to skynet!

Archived